• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hey!

Share/Bookmark

Question Hey!

Where does that bass line go when the melody goes up and when the melody goes down? What happens when they travel in parallels for to long of a period of time in a composition? You get what? How do you over come this? Simple part writing procedures, right? Hmmmmm.

Now back to our regular schedule program....
    Styxx

Talking Re: Hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Where does that bass line go when the melody goes up and when the melody goes down? What happens when they travel in parallels for to long of a period of time in a composition? You get what? How do you over come this? Simple part writing procedures, right? Hmmmmm.

Now back to our regular schedule program....
    Well, then the 2nd voice/melody lose its independens and the ear consider both as a one melody. That's why it's possible to thicken orchestral texture by double melody by what ever interval and the ear consider it as a part of the melody texture.

So the basic procedure is that bass goes up if the melody goes down and bass goes down if the melody goes up. It's ok to have parallels for 2-3 chord changes or notes.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Go Back to forum