• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO Solo Violin and Black Grand

Share/Bookmark

GPO Solo Violin and Black Grand

Si Nanay, Si Tatay, Di Co Pabayaan
    [5.15MB, 03:45, 192kbps mp3 file]

I would like to share this with all of you. It's an arrangement of a Philippine folk song for solo violin and piano. Here I used GPO's Gagliano Solo Violin, SampleTekk's Black Grand (which was my christmas gift from my friend, Vic) and PMI Bos 290 pedal noise. This is just to show how beautiful GPO solo violin sounds - and of course, the rest of the libs that I used.

A smaller wma version is also available here if you don't have a fast internet connection.

Happy holidays and happy new year to all!

Re: GPO Solo Violin and Black Grand

Beautiful piece!
    Some of the damper sounds appear to be in places it should not, and overall the pedal is too loud, in my opinion. I love the piece though.
    DPDAN

Nhick,

This is so full of soul and beautiful. The Gagliano complements the SampleTek Black Grand quite nicely. Excellent playing! I enjoyed every second of it. The pedal noise was interesting.

Thanks for sharing this music of the Philippines with us.

Gary Garritan

Thanks, DPDAN and Garry! Yikes, I listened to the mix with headphones when I got home and I almost fell off my chair when I heard the pedal noise! With the heater vent blowing right in my ear, the sound probably got masked while I was listening to the monitors during mixing - not to mention two dogs running around the room in hyper mode.

I once had a student who had such noisy feet and I couldn't believe I was doing the same thing on a sequencer!!

Anyway, I have edited the mix and posted it right away:

If the damper noise is still too much, don't hesitate to let me know. I could just leave it out, but it does help achieve more realism on piano playing so the right blend would be best.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nhick Ramiro Pacis
    I once had a student who had such noisy feet and I couldn't believe I was doing the same thing on a sequencer!!
    I sort of liked the pedal noise. Sounded like I was in the room with the players.

Good to hear that you're still around Nhick. This is nice but, although I just love pianos in most situations, solo, with strings (Mmmmm), I'm just not fond of pianos as backing for solos instruments. Don't ask me why, it's a combination I just don't like. I bought a CD with some favourite violin pieces some time back only to get home and find that it was violin and piano....Yeuch!!! Sorry......there's no accounting for taste!!

I think it's a feeling that it's a cheap substitute for supporting solo musicians when you don't have a full orchestra and brings back memories of school marms playing the piano with pupils struggling with their instruments

However, ignoring all that rubbish, this is a nice melody and I think you've programmed the violin exceptionally well.

I just loved your Giliw_Ko which you shared with us in February (one of the very best pieces posted here IMVHO) and I would like to hear this melody fully orchestrated in a similar way.....if only there was more time for everything!!!

Frank

Welcome back, Nhick, and here's seconding Hardy's call for more from one of our favorite composers!

The Gagliano violin has such a unique tone. A touch of rustic, oboe-like quality makes it good for nostalgic pieces like this.

Thumbs up Re: GPO Solo Violin and Black Grand

Very beautiful melody!

I kind of agree with Hardy that it would be interesting to hear an orchestral arrangement of this melody.

Anyway, well done!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

very nice piece!

Very beautiful melody and arrangement. It should be nice to hear it with the solo library in development.

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Nhick Ramiro Pacis
    [5.15MB, 03:45, 192kbps mp3 file]

I would like to share this with all of you. <edit> ...
    Wow! Very, very lovely. The GPO Gagliano Solo Violin and the SampleTekk Black Grand has proven to be an unstoppable combination, hasn't it? What a Christmas present!

And such expression, too. My, my.

-Rudy

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast