• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Directx 9.0 is out

Share/Bookmark

Directx 9.0 is out

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Directx 9.0 is out, in case you hadn\'t heard. Don\'t know if it will make much difference in the music world, but it\'s always good to have updates. It might improve performance slightly.

I recommend the Redist version, so that you can download the whole thing at once, and save it for future use. You can get that here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8510F9C3-1679-482B-B903-2352B58AF584&displaylang=en

You can get the regular download here,

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads/drx90.asp

Re: Directx 9.0 is out

DirectX wouldn\'t and shouldn\'t have any influence on audio performance when we talk GigaStudio (GSIF), sequencers (ASIO, EASI, VST) - it might have a difference on DirectSound output, but when do you use that for anything but simple sound playback and games? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

What about in the performance of DXi plugins? I would hope it would help all us Sonar & Cakewalk users! Any Sonar users see any difference with DirectX 9.0 yet? Especially with Native Instruments stuff?

I concur with Lancelink. I\'m a Sonar user, and I know others are as well, so I was thinking in the realm of DX Plugins and DXI instruments. Besides, it\'s a good idea to stay up on the new updates.

I doubt that much has changed regarding DX plugins. As to \'staying up to date\' most of these updates are made only to make advances for game developers and gamers.

I believe the newer DX plugins are automatable.

that may have happened with 8.0 tho, not sure.

They\'re always making bug fixes, and anyone who has had crashes can always hope they\'ve solved your particular problem.

I don\'t hear anyone arguing that GStudio updates are unnecessary.

well

DX updates have been known to screw up some applications before, so I\'d definitely not put it in teh same category as GS updates [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I dont update DX stuff until I NEEEEED to. and hope that that happens no where near a deadline [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

King, I was responding to Simon, not to you. Simon was saying that there was no point in updating Directx, and I was merely pointing out that bug fixes could solve a lot of problems and help with stability.

DX updates have been known to screw up some applications before...I dont update DX stuff until I NEEEEED to. and hope that that happens no where near a deadline.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That is very good advice! I usually wait a bit before upgrading to a new version of DirectX so most of the bugs can be ironed out. I venture to say most people have been victims to early DirectX gremlins and I for one don\'t want a repeat performance!

Go Back to forum