• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some music

Some music

here's some music I'm working on. Its Gold, Sam's, Siss mini and some Advanced orchestra.

http://www.archisounds.com/my_hometown_2.mp3 (3Mb)

Thanks for listening

Last edited by Lux; 12-30-2004 at 04:17 PM.

Castle Rock, Colorado

Re: Some music

Very nice Luca! Has a great quirky feel like a comedy which in my opinion is some of the more difficult things to write. Great voice leading and choices in harmonic content.

This sounds like EWQLSO Gold - yes? Nice mix and clean arrangement. Nice flute trill at 0:15. Watch the volume of the cymbal around 0:29 & 0:31. The soft strings sound good from 0:41 Nice transition and smooth voice leading. At 1:20 the string line needs to be lengthened slightly because it abruptly cuts off. Beautiful transition at 1:30 to the end.

I really like this piece! Great job - keep it up man!

Thanks Frederick!

I lowered the cymbals and timps in the update.

Hope sounds better.

Sounds lovely. You use a very big dynamic contrast, very bravely. But I did have to turn up my amplifer to hear the lovely quiet music. The shape of the excerpt is odd, 1/3 loud then 2/3 quiet -- but this is just a fragment, a work in progress, right?

[edit] -- and I think I disagree with sharmy's comment at 0:22 -- I like that, something like Tchaikovsky might do (check the beginning of Sleeping Beauty ballet). [/edit]

Was prompted to listen again to the prologue of Sleeping Beauty -- not quite the same as your music, but almost an identical overall profile: loud then very quiet. A fair use (I hope) fragment is here:

Wonderful music, and interesting to see how it fills out the mp3 format we all work with.

Sharmy: thanks, your words have a great value to me, so I'm really glad for your comment. I also have to publicy say that I owe you many of my improvements, indeed. About details, I agree most of them, sometimes I leave parts a bit too alone. Working on it.

Guglielmo: thank you very much. Yeah, right, I should use some volume compensation on final mixes, the volume jump is too audible. About composition, I play mostly my stuff seeing them in a sort of cinematic way more than in a composing balancement way. So it becomes quiet very soon because I've imagined a fast scene that stops on a certain action, as what happens to us when in the middle of a taxi run in town we see a familiar place that we didnt see for years, like an old house. Its like an abrupt tenderness.

Many thanks for your comments

Hi Luca,

Sophisticated and delicate orchestration as always. Especially like the strings at :09 and :18. Struggled to hear need for improvement and could only find Brass at :30 maybe a little louder than required.

1:07 is your signature harmony that I always listen for. Thanks for posting.

I owe you some music. My comps are nowhere near where they could be if I had some time away from my job and that's my pitiful excuse.

Happy New Year,

Go Back to forum