• Register
  • Help

Topic: JS Bach Air--finally

Share/Bookmark

Smile JS Bach Air--finally

A while back, Gary wanted different orchestrations of the Bach Air. I was just learning to use DP 4.12 and GPO, so I couldn't get in on the fun. My orchestration has been completed for some time, but I did not have a way to post it myself. Now, I have a website and here it is.........my first GPO attempt.

http://cannonscores.com/Air-JSBACH-WW-Strs192kbps.mp3

The piece is scored for flute, clarinet, viola section strs, and cello section. A little different than the "all strs" original.

It was done on my Mac laptop (listed below) and DP 4.12 was used for the MIDI file. I can get about 8 instruments max with reverb. This rendition used 2 instances of the Kontakt player (2 WW instr) and (2 str instr) on the 2nd instance. Reverb was AU Matrix for Mac.

Please critique. I only used Pan and Reverb as I didn't have CPU power for Delay. As I said, this is my first AUDIO piece ever. MIDI for 17 years, but no audio experience.

Next up is my Fugue in dm (in the style of Bach )--an original composition.

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: JS Bach Air--finally

Jack, bad news...

I'm all stoked to listen and the link isn't working. It don't matter, I'll keep clicking until it works.

Red face Re: JS Bach Air--finally

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Jack, bad news...

I'm all stoked to listen and the link isn't working. It don't matter, I'll keep clicking until it works.
    Joseph:

It may be that my website creator changed the Bach Air title on the site. I can't get in touch with her before tomorrow morning. You should be able to see this Bach piece though on the website. If not, I will fix as soon as I can.

http://cannonscores.com

Thanks for trying to listen............

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Joseph and Dan:

Try this link:

http://cannonscores.com/Air-JSBach-WW-Strs192kbps.mp3

I capitalized the word BACH and my public_html had it Bach. That may have been the problem.

Sorry for the confusion. If this doesn't work, I'll keep trying........

Jack Cannon

I love this Bach piece, I would love a little more reverb though.
    Was this a generic midi file that Gary provided back when?
    Man, every time I hear Bach's stuff I am so envious, but in a good way.
    Good job Jack!
    DPDAN

Smile Re: JS Bach Air--finally

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I love this Bach piece, I would love a little more reverb though.
    Was this a generic midi file that Gary provided back when?
    Man, every time I hear Bach's stuff I am so envious, but in a good way.
    Good job Jack!
    DPDAN
    Dan:

No--I borrowed the music from one of my music professors and sequenced it myself. I also used ornaments appropriate for Bach's music according to my previous studies of Bach.

Thanks Dan. Yes, maybe a little more Reverb and some Delay to spread the sound across the stereo spectrum a little more.

Happy you got through without any errors.

Jack

Go Back to forum