• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Master Class Strings Tutorial by Danielle Davis

Share/Bookmark

Master Class Strings Tutorial by Danielle Davis

As a gift to the Garritan Personal Orchestra community here is the first in a series of Master Class tutorials by Danielle Davis.

This first tutorial is on how to optimize your string writing when using GPO. This tutorial is a godsend for people who need help optimizing their string parts to achieve realism and the nuances that one takes for granted when sequencing string lines. Danielle is one of our most gifted and well-loved composers/arrangers and it has been said many times that we wished we knew how she achieved the sounds she does, well here is a guide showing how she does it. There are some wonderful tips and tricks in these tutorials that will become invaluable to you as you put together your midi orchestrations.

Thanks so much to Danielle for taking the time to give us these tips. Included in these tutorials are pictures of sequences, midi files, as well as audio examples. They are wonderfully written and are concise and to the point but thoroughly explain her process. Again, this is just part one in a series of excellently written and put together tutorials by Danielle. Other tutorials in the Master Class series will be made available soon and will cover such instruments as percussion and brass.

So without further ado:

http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/Dan...s_Strings.html

Again, thank you Danielle for being so kind as to share your techniques with the community. I look forward to the rest of these Master Class tutorials. With these wonderful tools we can all hope to achieve your level of performance, so you better watch out!

Re: Master Class Strings Tutorial by Danielle Davis

Thank you very much to Danille (& Joshep) for taking to time to share some of your insights and experience with us.

I got Gpo for Xmas and have spent all my spare time in the last few days starting to explore this wonderful collection of instruments. There is so much to learn - but having all the tutorials will speed up the process.

A Happy New Year to all!
    As in music - so in life!

thank you very much danielle and joseph,
    another great tut!
    look forward to the rest

slán

mick ó c

Many thanks, Danielle! Your string work is always superb, so I know I can only improve mine by studying your technique.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Thank you so much Danielle. If this is as good as your previous stuff and your instructive posts I very much look forward to reading it.

gratefully received..

Frank

PS I just went through this Danielle, and I have to say the presentation is superb with the screen dumps, midi files, mp3's etc. A superb training format indeed. I don't know if you are insanely generous or they are looking after you, but thanks a lot either way!!!

What a nice way to start the New Year. This tutorial is remarkable and will be a tremendous benefit to those wanting to improve their string renditions. If there are ways for improvement, let us know.

Soon we will post the second Master Class in the series which will deal with the GPO Brass instruments.

Thanks you Danielle for sharing your knowledge and techniques with us.

Gary Garritan

Wow! What a wealth of information. Have you ever thought about writing a book - you seem to be a gifted teacher as well as a gifted musician. Thank you Danielle.

A revised version has been posted. Same link:

http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/Dan...s_Strings.html

Indeed, thanks a lot. This will surely get the inspiration moving!!!

Al

Thumbs up Re: Master Class Strings Tutorial by Danielle Davis

Wow! This is so well written and covers a lot of questions! Thank you so much for your generous work Danielle and Joseph!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum