Steinway Piano
    Violins 2 Sus + Short AG
    Violins 1 Sus + Short AG
    Full Strings Sus + Short AG
    Violin 2 Strad. KS Solo

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/la-GPOHoedown.mp3

Regards,

Larry A.
    My goodness you are prolific Larry. Very nice....I may be wrong but I think I detect an American influence? I would love to hear them all tweaked up into more realistic renditions. However, if I had your compositional talent, and I had to make the choice between getting out all my ideas and making realistic emulations, I think I would just keep turning them out as you do.

Frank

Re: "GPO Hoedown"

Frank,

I'm not impressed with this one at all. I'm certainly not satisfied with it.

I actually wrote it back in the last century (1995) and converted it to GPO a couple of days ago.

There doesn't seem to be any interest in it but I don't know how to remove it from the forum. As soon as just one person responds to a message, your ability to delete that message is taken away. (?)

Larry A.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Frank,

I'm not impressed with this one at all. I'm certainly not satisfied with it.

I actually wrote it back in the last century (1995) and converted it to GPO a couple of days ago.

There doesn't seem to be any interest in it but I don't know how to remove it from the forum. As soon as just one person responds to a message, your ability to delete that message is taken away. (?)

Larry A.
    That's why I replied!!! Nah, only kidding!!

Larry,

I really liked this! It is very American sounding, and even at points reminds me of Rag Time. I, too would love to hear it tweaked up. Compositionally, very well done. Thanks for sharing!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    Larry,

I really liked this! It is very American sounding, and even at points reminds me of Rag Time. I, too would love to hear it tweaked up. Compositionally, very well done. Thanks for sharing!

Tim
    Thank you, Tim.

Yes, it's about as American in style as you can get. It harkens back to the days when folks in the U. S. many times danced to the sound of just one instrument--a "fiddle". They would gather in someone's barn for a "hoedown".

I really don't think that I want to spend time "tweaking" this one. It's not very good and probably not worth the effort.

Regards,

Larry A.

Larry should win the prize for the most breathless composer on this forum. Larry, your tunes are delightful. Keep those notes flying past us. You music always makes me smile.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Larry should win the prize for the most breathless composer on this forum. Larry, your tunes are delightful. Keep those notes flying past us. You music always makes me smile.

Karl
    Breathless? I don't know what that means. Are you referring to the fact that some of my works are probably impossible to perform for lack of places to breathe?

String players and keyboard people can take a breath whenever they wish.

Regards,

Larry A.

Hi Larry, I agree with Karl, I think he meant that you never seem to run out of ideas. Your pieces are always happy sounding, and that is something I need to work on, making my orchestral stuff not sound sad all the time.
    It was fun!
    DPDan

Thank you for your comments.

You are a talented and creative composer, Son. Your work is just fine. "Sad" songs have their place too. A steady diet of my "happy" stuff is not to be desired.

My best,

Larry A.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast