• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finally reinstalling...

Share/Bookmark

Finally reinstalling...

Gee, like I couldn't find a better time than 2:30 in the AM on New Years Day. I just can't take all the little nagging errors anymore. Wish me luck guys. I'm already about to pull my hair out with all these authorizations.

Re: Finally reinstalling...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Gee, like I couldn't find a better time than 2:30 in the AM on New Years Day. I just can't take all the little nagging errors anymore. Wish me luck guys. I'm already about to pull my hair out with all these authorizations.
    You must be brave or something to start it at this hour. I hope that if you had to format your hard drive, that you disconnected everything from the tower except monitor, keyboard, and mouse!. I did not, and consequently, had to do it again. Once you are set up again, do a complete system backup, and do it on some schedule. Then if you have trouble again, you can restore the drive with your backup, which will wipe out everything on the drive and give you a fresh start. All your authorizations, software keys, etc will be restored also, and that does make life simpler. I just went through all this, and wish you good luck!

Richard

Wow, I really admire people who have the skills to undertake the ultimate task with their PC. About the only thing I could uninstall and reinstall is the mouse! Anything more than that would be suicide for my PC!
    I was up till 3:00am with a house load of people. Man, what a mess!
    Styxx

Well, so far its going marginally well. My internet is down at home so I can't reauthorize anything yet. We'll see how well that goes whenever it comes back up. I'll probably find out tomorrow that I forgot to reinstall a program and have lost my registration info for half my programs and I didn't back up my images properly. Oh well. That's the risk you run.

Go Back to forum