• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Welcome DPDAN - our newest moderator

Share/Bookmark

Welcome DPDAN - our newest moderator

I am please to welcome DPDan as our newest moderator to the GPO Forum.

As you known, DPDan has been quite active and expremely helpful to other members and has shared a lot of his music with all of us. Dan was responsible for putting together and mastering the GPO Holiday CD

I look forward to, as Dan put it, his moderating with moderation.

Gary Garritan

Re: Welcome DPDAN - our newest moderator

Welcome Illustrious Dan Superhero

Thumbs up Re: Welcome DPDAN - our newest moderator

What a pleasant surprise and nice beginning to the new year! Welcome Master Dan the new moderator man!
    Styxx

pay no heed to neotypic. he's not that desperate, dan.

Talking Re: Welcome DPDAN - our newest moderator

Hey, Gary I want to be head sheep!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Congratulations Dan! Now I can finally slink off into the shadows and retire from Northernsounds. Thanks! Enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Congratulations Dan! Now I can finally slink off into the shadows and retire from Northernsounds. Thanks! Enjoy yourself and don't take it too seriously.
    Freeze, mister! Just where do you think you're going?
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Smile Re: Welcome DPDAN - our newest moderator

Congrats DP! Now we need to see you flex your moderator muscles and ban someone! A banning! A banning! Lets ban someone! Yeah!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by LFO
    Congrats DP! Now we need to see you flex your moderator muscles and ban someone! A banning! A banning! Lets ban someone! Yeah!

-Kevin
    Yeah! Let's ban LFO! Better yet, ban me!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Yeah! Let's ban LFO! Better yet, ban me!
    ha ha ha Kevin! oh man!
    I hereby,,,, oh never mind

Joseph, you don't belong in the shadows, you are way too valued around these here parts.

Gary, and everyone, I count it a real honor and privilege to help out. This forum is so cool, and really it's not just the Garritan portion of Northern Sounds that is so fun.

I recently aquired Gigastudio because I need to branch out into some music that requires sounds that are not orchestral by nature. You know, drums, bass, keyboard sounds, helicopters, explosions... you get the idea Anyway, when I was in the process of getting Giga up and running just two weeks ago, I had a few very small roadblocks and posted them on the Gigastudio thread, and BANG! I got advice and help so quickly, and it was all very good advice too. I know how I felt when I was pointed in exactly the right direction. I was so happy and grateful to the ones that helped me out. I just want to help make everyone's experience with this music making stuff as enjoyable as my experience has been.

Gary, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to master the Christmas CD. And Styxx, what an awesome idea you came up with, making a GPO Christmas CD full of beautiful music for all to enjoy! And Joseph, for the "most excellent" idea to set up a page to download the entire project, how cool is that? I just wanted to give back as much as I could to show appreciation for Gary, Tom, Jeff, Alan and everyone else in this community of friends. I would imagine that Gary spends time just checking out the place, making sure the floors are swept, waste cans emptied and fresh coffee is in the pot for guests who stop by. I can't stand coffee, but I wish I could, because I love the smell of it. Speaking of guests who drop by, imagine this for a second. 20,000 plus downloads for the Christmas CD. WOW! That is way more than there are faces around here, and there's only one way for so many people to know about it, and that's this forum and the positive comments by it's members, and uh, oh, the Garritan.com website too, can't forget about that. Those visitors are here right now as we speak, reading our posts, copying demos, website links, pics, tips, secrets and who knows what else. They never make themselves known, but I wish they would. So with that in mind, I just hope that what we say, and how we say it, makes for a great first and lasting impression of Gary's products, especially since his products allow us the means to leave a great lasting impression. If a person's first experience here is anything but great, they won't be back. In fact, they most likely will not even consider the purchase of GPO or GOS. Thank you everyone for your help, your music, friendship and tolerance of my posts.

Gary, thank you for your kind comments and uplifting posts to everyone here.
    You truly are a gem!

Sincerely, and Happy New Year everyone!
    Dan Kury

Go Back to forum