• Register
  • Help

Topic: I bought the Adler Book & Cd

Share/Bookmark

Smile I bought the Adler Book & Cd

I have very little classical music, so I thought the CD's would be needed and well worth the price in the long run. All of it 3rd edition.

Thanks for all the advice and help.

Re: I bought the Adler Book & Cd

Quote Originally Posted by bnlsrv
    I have very little classical music, so I thought the CD's would be needed and well worth the price in the long run. All of it 3rd edition.

Thanks for all the advice and help.
    hi there!

iv recently bought this too but was unable to get hold of the cd's from the shop. where did you get them from if you dont mind me asking? haven't been able to find them on the internet yet.

Cheers,

Ed

There HERE
    Bill

bnl you seem to be serious man! welcome to GPO - what r u up too?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZero
    bnl you seem to be serious man! welcome to GPO - what r u up too?
    I took some music courses 25 years ago. In fact one of my Professors, Dr Downey, just passed away. I didn't stay with it from the academic side, but have contined to write music (songs) for some time. Now at age 51 I'd like to pursue it intently. At least until I get busy again with my day job, which shouldn't be for 3 or 4 months. So I'm going to try to homeschool this. Boughht the Rimskey, Piston, Forsythe books. Just bought Technique Orchestration Workbook by Kennan, Kent; Grantham Donald for a workbook. Adlers workbook was rated poorly. Hope the workbook is a stand alone.
    I like to write songs, and I'm going to try writing my own background orchestrations for them. I'd love to do some choral things.
    We'll see.
    All I know is - I'm not getting any younger, so if I'm gonna do this music thing I better get at it. Sometimes when I'm driving my van during my day job and I hear some beautiful orchestration I get overwhelmed by it, then I ask myself- What am I doing working so many hours? Shouldn't I be writing music? It's in my soul. Don't know if anything will come of it - it's just what seems right, like the way I was wired.
    We'll see.

Wow you gotta lotta reading there - which books do you think are best? I got the Adler workbook here and frankly its a bit of a dissapointment. I still like the Adler text though.

Go Back to forum