• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar 4 putting overlapping notes from keyboard - how to fix?

Share/Bookmark

Question Sonar 4 putting overlapping notes from keyboard - how to fix?

I am using Sonar 4 (with the 4.01 patch) and when sequencing from my keyboard, I sometimes get multiple overlapping notes. I have to manually delete the duplicates when I catch it. This is obviously eating up my polyphony and causes poor phasing in the samples. What is strange to me is that sometimes I get one note without any overlaps, but the next note might have two notes and sometimes I've seen three overlapped notes. Seems a little strange, right?

My "Local" setting is off on the keyboard so that is not the problem. Any ideas of how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Sonar 4 putting overlapping notes from keyboard - how to fix?

Sounds like there's a problem in your MIDI path somewhere. I have never seen this problem occur as a matter of course with SONAR, and I'm using the same setup as you. The fact that they're differing numbers of duplicate notes may point to a MIDI-feedback loop of some kind, although those loops usually go very wild very quickly. It's odd. All I can recommend is to just start at the very beginning of the chain and go through the entire MIDI layout with a very fine-toothed comb.

Re: Sonar 4 putting overlapping notes from keyboard - how to fix?

It sounds to me like a malfunctioning keyboard controller hiccuping out multiple repeated notes. I'd switch that out first and see what happens.

Smile Re: Sonar 4 putting overlapping notes from keyboard - how to fix?

Double check midi input again. One midi input could have several midi drivers, and selecting both drivers give you multiple same notes.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Go Back to forum