• Register
  • Help

Topic: New piece for Bassoon, Flute & Harp

Share/Bookmark

New piece for Bassoon, Flute & Harp

Well, I haven't posted for quite some time, but hopefully I'll be more frequent now. I had to drop school for financial reasons. Still, school had quite an impact on me and my music. This piece, for instance, would never have been written had it not been for my experiences in school.

Far, Far Away (mp3)
    Far, Far Away (pdf)

I hope you all like it!
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator
    http://FosterPayne.com/default.aspx

Re: New piece for Bassoon, Flute & Harp

Just got a chance to listen. Very nice. I'm sorry you had to drop out of school. Hopefully something will present itself later to let you return.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thanks, both of you. Maybe I'll submit it to Gary for posting on the site.
    C. Foster Payne

Fossman,

Thanks for posting the PDF score. It was a pleasure to follow your piece as I listened. I loved all the rhythmic detail.

A couple of questions:

How do you get your scores into PDF formant? (what software do you use?)

It was great to see all the pedal markings for the harp. Did you use a glissando harp with packets or a chromatic harp? (I've just worked out the midi codes for individual harp pedal positions in GPO - I can post a midi/cubase file with some explanations if anyone is interested)

Mark.
    As in music - so in life!

Quote Originally Posted by musomark
    Fossman,

Thanks for posting the PDF score. It was a pleasure to follow your piece as I listened. I loved all the rhythmic detail.

A couple of questions:

How do you get your scores into PDF formant? (what software do you use?)

It was great to see all the pedal markings for the harp. Did you use a glissando harp with packets or a chromatic harp? (I've just worked out the midi codes for individual harp pedal positions in GPO - I can post a midi/cubase file with some explanations if anyone is interested)

Mark.
    Thanks for the interest, Mark. I bought the full version of Adobe from school (student discounts are great) and use it to make my scores easily viewable for all. I highly recommend the program.

As for the harp, I only used the chromatic harp. If you listen, there were no harp glissandos, even though the score indicates several. I don't, as yet, need a full realistic sound, just a rough sketch so I'm sure what I've written is what I intended. I plan on practicing with the glissando harp, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    C. Foster Payne

Go Back to forum