• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: What is "Reason Refill"?

Share/Bookmark

What is "Reason Refill"?

Just wanted to know what kind of samplers support this, and is it convertable to kontakt, giga, akai, etc?

~FireGS
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: What is "Reason Refill"?

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS
    Just wanted to know what kind of samplers support this, and is it convertable to kontakt, giga, akai, etc?

~FireGS
    This is for the sequencer Reason, you can convert Akai discs to a refill, but afaik other samplers can not access a refill directly and again afaik you cant convert a refill, but i am not 100% sure

P.S.

just to be sure a refill is a collection of files that are used for Reason , they include synth patches etc samples, rex files, its a kind of zip file for Reason

Crap.....
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS
    Crap.....
    ? ????

oh, i just spent a lot of money on something in reason format and i have Kontakt.... >_<
    ~Sam Ferrara~

This software isn't too expensive and it's going to support Reason NN-XT and exporting to Kontakt. Both are mentioned in the "Next in development" section. The Chickensys Translator should be able to do the conversion but it costs $149.95. They also have a Special Edition which allows conversion from any format to a specific format. It could suit you if you only use Kontakt. The price is $79.95.

Before you order this, though, I think you should make sure that anything can be translated from Reason's NN-XT format. I think I remember reading that this format is specific to Reason only and can't be ported to any other format.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

You might want to check out Reason itself, as it can slave to your sequencer (mine, at least (DP) ) and might prove useful for you.
    It doesn´t sound that great, but I found it very useful at times (the synths, beats in Rex format etc...)

I think there is a demo version on the Propellerhead´s website...

http://www.propellerheads.se
    Last edited by christopher; 01-03-2005 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Adding stuff

The only thing I don't like about Reason is that the included samples aren't the best. I imported the Prosonus Orchestral Library into Reason and it sounded a lot better. Since then I've moved on to GPO, EWQLSO gold, and other things, so I don't use Reason as a sampler.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

you might investigate Reason 3.0 which is coming out soon.....the sound quality is going to be improved, sound set additions and other improvements which will make it more "triton" like in use.

Go Back to forum