• Register
  • Help

Topic: Logic Pro 7 users who need GPO help...

Share/Bookmark

Post Logic Pro 7 users who need GPO help...

Hi all,
    As it seems I am rapidly becoming the Logic 7 guru around here feel free to ask me any Logic7 (pertaining to GPO) questions you might have and I will try to help. Sending me a PM is most likely the best way. Also, I make no promises or gaurentees (my disclaimer) but I will certainly try to help those who need it here in the Garritan community!
    For starters don't forget the tutorials I did that are now on the Garritan site. (Although one of the links is a little messed up, but I am sure we will get that fixed.)
    This one doesn't link properly from the support page on the general site but does on the GPO site... http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/GPO...tutorials.html
    Chris

Re: Logic Pro 7 users who need GPO help...

Chris thanks mucho fro your help. I'm on Logic 7 as well. Your recent tips on getting each channel of GPO to be Freez-able were great!

One thing I notice is that volume and pan tweaking still need to happen within the sound module. If one moves the volume or pan or loads efx on the Logic channel strip, it will effect all midi channels of the audio instrument. (Do you find this as well?)

But, not too much of a limitation considering the module allows for tweaking. (This goes for Stylus RMX too. The module allows for so much independent channel tweaking that it's no problem at all).

We got the Freeze factor in there...and that was the most important part.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, Marty, but in the Addendum #4 of the latest update (October 2004) documentation, it does state that PAN is turned off by default because each instrument is "pre-panned" to its respective location in the orchestra...If you want your "player" to respond to PAN control from your host sequencer, you have to turn this option "ON" in the Kontakt player control panel. Volume (CC #7) can also be enabled there...

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    Chris thanks mucho fro your help. I'm on Logic 7 as well. Your recent tips on getting each channel of GPO to be Freez-able were great!

One thing I notice is that volume and pan tweaking still need to happen within the sound module. If one moves the volume or pan or loads efx on the Logic channel strip, it will effect all midi channels of the audio instrument. (Do you find this as well?)
    That is exactly what will happen. The reason is you are using just one Audio Instrument (copied 8 times). Any volume/pan/effect you do to it is for that particular Audio Inst no matter how many copies you made. If you wish to apply effects to different parts that is where the multi outs (which goes to the aux channels) come in handy. In fact, I do this for the Double Basses because they need a little tweek IMHO.
    Chris

"........Any volume/pan/effect you do to it is for that particular Audio Inst no matter how many copies you made. If you wish to apply effects to different parts that is where the multi outs (which goes to the aux channels) come in handy. In fact, I do this for the Double Basses because they need a little tweek IMHO......"

So in order to use multis (GPO/SampleTank etc) with Logic and make each channel totally independent & freezable, do we forget your freezing tutorial Chris and set up aux channels, but then these can't be frozen...seems there's no solution!

All a bit pointless using multis, might as well use separate instances...your thoughts????

Go Back to forum