• Register
  • Help

Topic: Which Version Of Old Lady And Emperor To USe

Share/Bookmark

Which Version Of Old Lady And Emperor To USe

The version that says "compressed" giga is bigger (in KB's) than the version that says "special edition". Which is the highest quality version?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Which Version Of Old Lady And Emperor To USe

Hi Jeffn1
    You have a special disk I created for you in an effort to make our pianos available for SFZ and Vsampler. The "Compressed" version is the normal Giga2 version. Compressed stands for Tascam disk accelaration. These samples are 30% smaller and faster when used in Giga2. All other samplers convert them to standard 100% 16 Bits samples.
    The Limited and Special editions are work in progress files. If you want the best simply use the Compressed versions. If you need lower RAM load try the others...

BTW, I started using VSampler last week and these files work very well on VSampler 3.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thanks again, Michiel.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Hi Michiel and happy new year!

I've recently received my Old lady (thank you!) - I'm using it with VSampler - and I ordered the Halion version, thinking that'd be the best format for VSampler (3.5).
    It works ok, though I'm not sure the release samples are working and there's an occasional click in the lower 2 octaves (even with non demanding buffer sizes - Athlon 2.2, 1gig 333DDR and 160gig HD 7200rpm and SX2.2*)

You mentioned in the post above regarding a VSampler specific file for the old lady? Where Can I get it please? :0)

Thanks!
    Gavin

bump!

sorry to bump this again!

Go Back to forum