• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Yamaha C7 or White Sister?

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha C7 or White Sister?

I'm undecided about whether to go for the Yamaha C7 or White Sister group buy (when it resumes). I'm going to using the pianos for pop and classical and maybe jazz. I suppose I'm looking for a good all-round piano library - any advice please.

Re: Yamaha C7 or White Sister?

Can't get both of them?
    Tim

I wouldn't miss out on the C7 (for the price and the extra libraries it should be a no brainer. No offense).

(Edit: I'd try to get both.)

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    Can't get both of them?

Thanks for the advice. Cash being short after Christmas how much would White Sister cost assuming a good take up of the offer - I didn't see the original White Sister group buy pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by phil86
    Thanks for the advice. Cash being short after Christmas how much would White Sister cost assuming a good take up of the offer - I didn't see the original White Sister group buy pricing.
    ------
    As far as I remember, there was no further precision as to when the white sister group buy would be launched again.
    The ideal target price was, if I recall, $80.
    ------
    Assuming that a group buy lasts an average 4 weeks at least, well if I was you I would buy the Yamaha right now (it's a really great piano), while having a good hope to have fresh cash when (and if) the white sister gb shows up again !

Quote Originally Posted by phil86
    I'm undecided about whether to go for the Yamaha C7 or White Sister group buy (when it resumes). I'm going to using the pianos for pop and classical and maybe jazz. I suppose I'm looking for a good all-round piano library - any advice please.
    The C7 is the better of the two regardless of the group buy. I just received the new G3 version. . . initial impressions: excellent! While I haven't played the White Sister, judging from the demos, it's not even in the same league.

I chose the C7, it sounds excellent for my taste.

While I still say get both, I'd advise you to get the C7, as it's currently in the group buy, only cost 65 bucks, and sounds excellent. Nobody really seems sure when the White Sister group buy will be back. Maybe by that time you'll have another 80 bucks to buy it (I'm sure it'll hit the lowest cost). Besides, can you ever have too many piano libraries?
    Tim

Don't miss out on the C7 group buy! I just received it yesterday; it's amazing!!!

Thanks for all the advice - I did go for the C7 group buy - now waiting in anticipation!

Go Back to forum