• Register
  • Help

Topic: Varese Sarabande's 25th Anniversary Celebration

Share/Bookmark

Varese Sarabande's 25th Anniversary Celebration

Just thought I'd give a heads-up to any fellow film music lovers out there:

I was surfing the web the other day and found out that Varese Sarabande (the exclusive film-track label) had released a new four-CD set called "Varese Sarabande: A 25th Anniversary Celebration." Upon investigation, I found that the discs contained some well-known but also many not-so-well-known (and hard-to-find) cues covering a long period of film (all the way back to Korngold, in fact). Each CD has a minimum of 20 tracks and the price is amazing: I picked up the box set for $17 on Amazon! I'm listening to it right now and it's just great stuff - I hadn't heard Bill Conti's "The Right Stuff" in years until today...amazing music! The booklet is nice too - photos of tons of Hollywood composers including a big photo of Jerry Goldsmith on the back (sniff).

I hope this doesn't come across as some sort of lame advertisement...I just love film music and wanted to make everyone aware of a great buy.

Take care everyone and Happy New Year.

Re: Varese Sarabande's 25th Anniversary Celebration

EverlastingMan,

Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like a fascinating collection. May have to pick one up myself.

Gary Garritan

]

Some of those old Korngold scores are a knockout....thanks for the info. I thought that label had fallen in the great abyss.

You might also want to look into Richard Addinsall scores on Chandos
    10046. The reconstructed SCROOGE and GOODBYE MR CHIPS have
    been restored as composed and there are quite a few other films he did
    on the same disc.

I love film scores.......after Puccini of course

"P"
    Windows XP-pro SP2, Pentium 4
    3.4 GHz, 2GB RAM
    GPO & Finale 2005b.r1

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful. -- Plato

Quote Originally Posted by provette82
    Some of those old Korngold scores are a knockout....thanks for the info. I thought that label had fallen in the great abyss.
    "P"
    Actually, according to their website, they release an average of one soundtrack per week(!).

Hello all. I've been reading the Garritan forum for about one and a half years and finally registered today. I've owned my GPO for just over a year and I love it.

I wanted to agree with EverlastingMan about this Varese Sarabande collection. If you're looking for an introduction to film music as I was when I bought it, you won't be disappointed. Best $20 I've ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakadoo
    Hello all. I've been reading the Garritan forum for about one and a half years and finally registered today. I've owned my GPO for just over a year and I love it.
    How in the world did you keep from posting all that time?
    When I got GPO I dove in heads first

Glad you are here with us, well, glad we now know you are here with us.

Dan

How in the world did you keep from posting all that time?

Glad you are here with us, well, glad you are not only receiving, but now transmitting as well.

Dan

Hi Jakadoo, how in the world did you keep from posting all that time?

Glad you are here with us, well, glad you are not only receiving, but now transmitting as well.

Dan

Go Back to forum