• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need Second Opinion before surgery--

Share/Bookmark

Need Second Opinion before surgery--

I started with GPO and have added several NI (Kompakt complete) second party sounds (Morphology, EWQL Gold, SWAR and GPO updates, along with appropriate updates and hotfixes.

Last night I installed KONTAKT full -- and away went every plug in in Logic, including GPO, Morphology, Stylus RMX, SWAR, EWQLSO Gold, Stoprm Drum Intaky & Storm Drum Kontakt.....Free standing modules still operational when single instrument called up from desktop, however.

Now every reboot hangs on kontakt sample path -- and cannot path the samples in Library/Application Support/Audio/Native Instruments

After the usual Tech Support call (45 minutes) with NI, they came up with pulling everything opff the disc, THEN reinstalling all with Kontakt first...adding each p[ropgram back. (Eight nine hours at leastg I guess--if I save all else

I am running IMAC G5 180 Mhz, 2 Gig Ram. Sys 10.7, Logic as Sequencer/

I was hoping a second opinionm would help avoid wiping the drive and starting over.......

Re: Need Second Opinion before surgery--

OK - Here's what happened and the solution.. no thanks to tech support from NI......which seems to be working on a schedule left over from the bad days of Steinberg.

As Kontakt is such a wide program for sampling -- an installation error -- either theirs or mine, I know not which -- overwrote the Library/Application Support/Audio folder with ONLY Kontakt in it, effectively removing all other plug-ins.

The initial response from NI was reformat the disc and start over with Kontakt first. But with about 100 gig of programs and sound this was not an option.

Spectrasonics people (I am also an RMX user) suggested I just drag and drop the AU plug-ins from installation disks into the proper spot -- and than goodness it worked. The only problems were with every NI Instument which each required its own AU hotfix after plug-in reinstallation. GPO Update itself cured the problem.

Even though I had installed Kontakt via their simplified installer -- I cannot tell at what point the folder was overwritten -- during installation, update or hotfix, therefore if I was out of sequence in putting this in -- it may have messed with the folder, but I doubt it.

If anyone has had a problem installing Kontakt last in the sequence of building their sampler/synth library -- please let me know so I can add it to my NI case file.

Go Back to forum