• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: M-audio "These drums are loud"....LoL

Share/Bookmark

M-audio "These drums are loud"....LoL

These drums are weak! As controversial as it sounds, I almost contemplate downloading a pirated version of things before I buy! This drum loop library sucks butt!!!! Even with fruity loops it's marginal to say the least! If people are gonna put out this kinda ~~~~... I'm gonna download the pirated version first to demo it..... A sale without some sort of demo is just blind purchasing... Yeah, your might not like me anymore, But I've spent thousand on crap that only amounted to a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff!!!!! I'm not just talking this crap ~~~ CD, I'm talking many gigasampler libraries that just suck! with no money back guarantee..... Yes they have these quick hyped up demo's, if I wanted to make a 20 second tune, I wouldn't need anything other that crap... Anyways, You guys can take this anyway you want it, but, I'm tired of shelling out hundreds of dollars to buy non-returnable garbage!!!! Yes, ofcourse I will continue to buy GPO's updates, and I'm going to buy Kontakt here very soon, and gladly do away with Gigastudio....... Anyways, I'm gonna try before I freakin buy!!!!!!

edit.. BTW, purchasing GPO was the best decision I've made yet, Even without trying.... His demo's were convincing enough, and portrayed what the library is really about.... And it turned out to be exactly all that! BTW, I also saw the GPO at Guitar Center in san jose, and was impressed it was there... I let the employee's there know how impressive it was in detail, and let them know that it is a sound choice for anyone looking for an orchestral library..... I suggest Gary put out a simple CDA format CD to show what the GPO can do... I'd also like to note. I paid $249 from gary, and Guitar Center has it for $219... WTH Gary???... LoL it was worth every penny anyways Gary, I'm not joking about the GC price, I am joking about being upset that I paid $249, I'ts worth it's weight in gold!!!!

Re: M-audio "These drums are loud"....LoL

Well, you have broached an interesting subject- unlike keyboards or whatever where the user can try out the unit in a store or even rent it for a period of time to find out whether they like it or not, most soundware libraries don't have a trial version. Sequencing programs do because they require little (or less) space.

And as for Gigastudio, I got VSL demo patches with it as well as Sonic Implants Brass and Strings (both FULL patches, not 1 octave deals and they sound flippin fantastic!) as well as SAM Solo Sessions patches. So I don't think it's necessarily a fault with Gigatudio. Just recently, NI with East West offered/shipped a free disc with 650 megs of samples for EWQLSO Gold/Silver/Platinum along with some other programs ans sounds. I think as consumers, we'd all like more of this type of thing that would allow us to make better informed decisions before parting with our hard earned cash.

But on the other hand, I can certainly see this from the standpoint of the developers. Logistically, it would be a difficult thing to do.

I'm lucky. I haven't bought a library that I didn't find useful in some way. Except for a couple Acid loop libraries which are utterly useless. But they don't count.

Its a big community here. If you're interested in a library then why not just ask to hear a few exposed melodies or whatever of a library that interests you?. Only the other day I sent a guy a few simple demos to help him make his purchase. Seriously, there are plenty of people here who will help you make a decent decision. Also, you may have some mates who own libraries you can try, or a store where you can ask to go and try the libraries out. Oh, and there are companies like Worra's that have now established a downloadable demo of their product.

With a bit of effort the answer can be found. What you're proposing is a poor idea.

No I agree, I could have used the community a little better... I've never heard anyone talk about this drum session, so I thought I was on my own... And which with my friends I am.... I do this more than my friends but pass the info on to them.... But Like I said, i've never in 2 years heard anyone talk about these drum loops, so I figured I was on my own,...

Well, M-audio....I'd tread cautiously anyway!. Not because I think all of their gear is crap. I own a little transit soundcard for a laptop and a couple of midi units (that have worked fine for me) but I have noticed that they seem keen to stick their thumbs in every pie. Look at their, frankly diabolical, Nova mic. They need more expertise in certain areas before they can be called a credible force IMO.

Regardless, what I'm tring to say is that sometimes its worth looking at established widely applauded gear/libraries first before blowing your capital. There are plently of good loop libraries out there made by real experts.

Yeah, I impulsed this, where I'm usually beyond cautious... What do you guys think about the library by Joey Kramer? Is it any good? I've been contemplating this one also...Any feedback would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance...

This past summer, while researching some other libraries, I noticed that Jeff Rona's Liquid Cinema series (on M-Audio) had just been released. Although I hadn't been overly impressed by any of M-Audio's demos up until that point, since I was in the midst of a purchasing frenzy I thought, "Why not?" So, I went for 3 of them: "Tabla Science", "Cinematic Ambience," and "Cinematic Pulse."

The first was everything I'd hoped for---a small but extremely well-recorded set of Tabla and Dholki loops. (And, they also provide REX files, which I knew would come in handy in anticipation of the release of Stylus RMX).

"Cinematic Ambience" went unused for several months; I wasn't convinced of its usefulness until a project came along that it suit very well. Of its (approximately---I don't recall exactly) 40-50 sounds, I got enough usage out of 8-10 of them to easily justify its purchase. (Plus, a couple of them---some atmospheric ney flute phrases---inspired me to bring in a player to do some custom banks for the same project, and perhaps even a lib some day ).

But alas, "Pulse" turned out to be a total dud by comparison. According to its name and the way they had described it, I had assumed it was a percussion set; it's not. 95% synth loops---I would just as soon roll my own. Oh well---maybe I'll be able to mangle its REX files in RMX.

Do I have a specific point? Not sure....

Do I wish I'd saved the $40 I blew on "Pulse?" Certainly...

But if I look at all 3 discs together as one $120 purchase, well---I'd say things worked out OK.

Yeah, It was only $40 for the loop libray, and being independendtly wealthy like I am, I shouldn't worry about it... After all I spend more on jeagermeister in a month... Just kidding, it was a rip, and I should have prolly bought Joey Kramer... I've wasted more than $40 before, I'm just getting tired of wasting on things I can't potentially.... I don't think I got a deal at all.... I am not really disappointed because, I play mostly Classical which calls for a different set of drums which I ampley have, But I am also an avid rock guitarist, and thats what I was hoping to get was drums with this.... It looks like ultimately, I am gonna have to become fluent with the drums again.. It's been a while.. But I saw a killer roland electeric set with fabric pads, that just rocks, and I may have to spend the $2800 to get it.... It seems even without having to rely on a band, I still have to rely on me being the band completely... Oh well, maybe I'll do some killer drum loops and sell them, since noone else does.. I'm already working on a Metal guitar Library that is turning out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    This past summer, while researching some other libraries, I noticed that Jeff Rona's Liquid Cinema series (on M-Audio) had just been released. Although I hadn't been overly impressed by any of M-Audio's demos up until that point, since I was in the midst of a purchasing frenzy I thought, "Why not?" So, I went for 3 of them: "Tabla Science", "Cinematic Ambience," and "Cinematic Pulse."

The first was everything I'd hoped for---a small but extremely well-recorded set of Tabla and Dholki loops. (And, they also provide REX files, which I knew would come in handy in anticipation of the release of Stylus RMX).

"Cinematic Ambience" went unused for several months; I wasn't convinced of its usefulness until a project came along that it suit very well. Of its (approximately---I don't recall exactly) 40-50 sounds, I got enough usage out of 8-10 of them to easily justify its purchase. (Plus, a couple of them---some atmospheric ney flute phrases---inspired me to bring in a player to do some custom banks for the same project, and perhaps even a lib some day ).

But alas, "Pulse" turned out to be a total dud by comparison. According to its name and the way they had described it, I had assumed it was a percussion set; it's not. 95% synth loops---I would just as soon roll my own. Oh well---maybe I'll be able to mangle its REX files in RMX.

Do I have a specific point? Not sure....

Do I wish I'd saved the $40 I blew on "Pulse?" Certainly...

But if I look at all 3 discs together as one $120 purchase, well---I'd say things worked out OK.
    I love the Jeff Rona libraries. I have all of them with the exception of the Cinematic Impulse (which is the first in the series) and at first I was like, I can't do anything with this stuff. But after going back to using Reason (Don't have RMX yet), I have found the Rex files to be quite usefull at places in certain mixes.

It's funny that you mention the Cinematic Pulse library because for one track I am working on, I am using one of those loops as a sort of rythmic background for the piece. On top of that, thanks to Reason's brilliant routing possibilities, I am using a gate output of the rex slices to control another synth input so that they play in sync with each other.

I am contemplating trying some of the other M-Audio discs because I like the fact they are small and affordable enough, that even if I only use it in one song, at least I didn't spend a whole bunch of money on it. I don't know how many libraries I have right now that offer tons of material and yet I haven't used a single one of them.

-Al

Opportunity to rant.

M-audio...

I got no satisfaction from them on a USB Duo audio in/out device that I bought. It would randomly stop working. Reboot the computer and it works for a while.

I went through such hoops trouble shooting that monster with M-audio. They never got it working, I never got it working. Sent it to them and they sent it back saying it works fine.

I've been troubleshooting Macs since before they were born. This was not a Mac problem.

So, I will NEVER buy anything M-audio. It was a nightmare. I just wrote off the $200 or $250 or whatever it was.

Its been a few months since I switched over to my G5 (no card necessary) so my rant leaves a lot to be desired. But I was fuming mad at them for a while.

Go Back to forum