• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Difficulty logging on

Share/Bookmark

Difficulty logging on

I am periodically having difficulty logging into the forum. Sometimes my login details are lost, even though I tick 'remember' sometimes I am dissallowed from posting, or have to reregister. Sometimes even entering the correct login just returns me to the login screen. I dont think I am being zapped by time limits - sometimes even from very first visit I get this... Are others having trouble

or is it me?

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Difficulty logging on

Zero -- This sounds like a cookie issue. Have you disabled cookies in your browser?
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZero
    I am periodically having difficulty logging into the forum. Sometimes my login details are lost, even though I tick 'remember' sometimes I am dissallowed from posting, or have to reregister. Sometimes even entering the correct login just returns me to the login screen. I dont think I am being zapped by time limits - sometimes even from very first visit I get this... Are others having trouble

or is it me?

Zero
    Yes. I persistently have this problem. My workaround is to *never* log off. But even that is not the complete workaround. I must enter the forum by clicking on a link within an email that I get from NorthernSounds. I get that email because in my forum profile, I have elected to receive email alerts whenever some one else posts a reply to a thread that I have participated in.

So, these two actions keep me out of trouble. Yes, I do have cookies enabled. I can't afford not to, what with Internet banking, etc.
    But, if I don't follow the workaround I just mentioned, I have to click the 'account activation' in the original email that I got from NS when I first signed up for the forum (Its' a good thing I save a lot of my emails).

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZero

or is it me?

Zero
    Only login problem I have is Remember Me doesn't remember me. I have to enter log in data each time, but that isn't much of a problem.

Computers always have been and always will be quirky!!

Richard

Your new moderator is busy at work,
    I sent this info to the main man at Northern Sounds, and he will hopefully help you guys out.

Dan

DP dan superman ( I have been attending poetry classes)
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Cookies set to medium high in IE

Zero, in case you haven't visited the super heros topic that our illustrious leader Gary Garritan started a month or two ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Here's Dan the Torch - This super hero is hot! And his demos are sure to make you melt. Dan will be burning our Holiday CD.

Yes these are cookie problems or could be related to security setting of your browser and or security software being set high.

You may need to place northern sounds as an allowed site with in your browser software.
    If you can tell us your browser software maybe we can see if it's browser specific. The remember me should enable you to return without having to log in. this holds your information for about a day

Quote Originally Posted by PaPa Chalk
    Yes these are cookie problems or could be related to security setting of your browser and or security software being set high.

You may need to place northern sounds as an allowed site with in your browser software.
    If you can tell us your browser software maybe we can see if it's browser specific. The remember me should enable you to return without having to log in. this holds your information for about a day
    My browser software is MS IE 6.0.2800.1106 in PC Windows. Cookies running at medium security. Incidentally, I tried to indicate northernsounds as an allowed site, but it complains that it has to be an 'https' site, not just an 'http' site (as northernsounds is).

Many thanks to you and DPDan for your help,
    -Rudy

Go Back to forum