• Register
  • Help

Topic: can't drag rmx midi in nuendo/cubasesx, please help

Share/Bookmark

can't drag rmx midi in nuendo/cubasesx, please help

Hi, I'm having trouble figuring out how to drag the midi files of my groove control over onto my midi tracks in nuendo 2. if you have any experience with either nuendo or sx, which is almost identical i'm told, please help! i watched the video, but can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Thanks.
    jo

Re: can't drag rmx midi in nuendo/cubasesx, please help

Keep the left mouse button pressed when dragging over to the project window. Nuendo/Cubase SX (from version 2 upwards) DO support drag 'n drop of midi files, but they will always create a NEW midi track for each dropped file.
    So just move them around as you need. Better not to create too many midi tracks in advance for this kind of work, since you'll have to delete them again after dropping.

Cheers
    Raphael

It works in N2 just not like it does in the video tuts .

Try it again and then listen to it and I think you will be okay .

It seems to always go to the beggining so once the info is in N2 you need to drag the part where ya want it .

edit - someone typed faster than me !!

actually, i have been holding down the left mouse button to no avail. when i drag it over the drag icon turns into a circle with a slash and will not drop. i can drag it into a file folder on my desktop and then import the midi data into nuendo from there but it's kind of a pain, ya know? anyone else have any suggestions?
    thanks,
    jo

Do you use the latest Nuendo update (2.2.0.39)???
    Seems really strange you're not able to drag 'n drop those
    midi files.

Regards
    Raphael

Go Back to forum