• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone ordered GS Orch upgrade online recently?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone ordered GS Orch upgrade online recently?

Hello all,

It's been a long long time since I've upgraded my Gigasampler 1.5 (yes, 1.5) and I went to tascam.com to order the upgrade to GS3.0 Orchestra. The website allowed me to order, but I noticed that it said that the item was out of stock and backordered for the upgrade. Oddly enough, that message does not pop up for the regular full price edition. I assume they are the same software package and my old GS CD key just gives me the $399 price instead of $599.

So, I'm wondering if my order went through. I have the order number on my confirmation page, but it does not show up when checking the status on the tascam.com store (that order number is not found.)

I've also called tascam support, but so far no reply from my message.

Anyone else had this experience, or did your upgrade order go smoothly?

Re: Anyone ordered GS Orch upgrade online recently?

Hi,
    You might want to look in the retail chain for other (better) offers. I found that I could buy the competitive upgrade out there a bit less expensively than I could get the straight GSt2.5/96->GSt3.0/Orch upgrade from Tascam. Since I own other synths on the competitive upgrade list this worked for me. Maybe it would work for you also.

Good luck,
    Mark

Thanks Mark,

You'd think that I'd have thought of that as much as I shop online. I saw it for $329 on several websites, so I'll save some bucks and get it faster!

Quote Originally Posted by PandyP
    Thanks Mark,

You'd think that I'd have thought of that as much as I shop online. I saw it for $329 on several websites, so I'll save some bucks and get it faster!
    Cool, but please make sure you know what you're buying. The competitive upgrade allows you to upgrade TO GSt 3.0 FROM some other competing synth. There is a specific likst of other tools you can upgrade from. I happened to have a few of them, one of which I don't use anymore, so I had no problem with this strategy, but I'd hate for you to get this and find out you couldn't turn it on.

On the upside, techncially you could then still run GSt 1.5 and GSt 3.0 on a separate machine side by side, should you need to do that.

good luck and happy sampling

- Mark

I called Tascam last week and got a real person, I couldn't believe it, she gave me Thomas' exchange #584 and said that he could take care of my upgrade. I got voice mail of course, and no return phone call. I emailed and a few days later, and got a real rude short email saying Hi Dan, here is a link to the Tascam website where you can upgrade. Ugghhhh! RRRRRR!
    The website states that all upgrades have to be purchased through Tascam. This lead me to believe that Guitar Center would not be able to sell me an upgrade cheaper than their $200.00 fee. I want to upgrade from my three week old GS3 Ensemble to Orchestra.
    I guess sometime they might call or email with the proper instructions to upgrade. I just can't believe that a company this big with such a tremendous product is so impossible to reach. Not that I wasn't fully aware of this when I decided to purchase GS3, it's all I heard about.

DPDAN

Tascam gives good holidays between Xmas and NYears. Great for the employees, no so great for customers. Oh well. They should be back on the ball this week.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Tascam gives good holidays between Xmas and NYears. Great for the employees, no so great for customers. Oh well. They should be back on the ball this week.

-JF
    I hope so, I'm going fruit without hearing this Gigapulse,,

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    The website states that all upgrades have to be purchased through Tascam.
    DPDAN
    I think that's correct for GSt to GSt upgrades. The retail chain can sell Competitive upgrades though and for me it was cheaper to upgrade Battery to Orchestra at a discount than it was to upgrade GSt 2.5/96 to GSt 3.0/Orch at Tascam's full price. I decided I was more interested in doing this and being able to run GSt 2.5 and GSt 3.0 side by side on two separate machines then I was in using Battery anymore, but that's just me.

Anyway, it's cool that you got through to someone real. I actually had good luck with Tascam this week as I moved GSt 2.5 to a new machine and needed to reregister and get new keys. Helpful people when you get through to them.

Cheers,
    Mark

I received a real live phone call today from Thomas at Tascam and he got me all set with the upgrade from GS Ensemble to GS Orchestra over the phone.
    Ahhhh!

Thank you Thomas and Tascam!

DPDAN

Go Back to forum