• Register
  • Help

Topic: Did you get some cool gear dude?

Share/Bookmark

Did you get some cool gear dude?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Alright, positive post time... Who got what good software/hardware for Christmas, and who gave it to you?
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Re: Did you get some cool gear dude?

Platinum Pro Update...Family chipped in...

Spoiled rotten I am...sorry

I got just about enough dough left over to get Ra or Symphonic Choirs…gunna be a tough call. My work requires more ethnic instruments, but if the word building utility for SC really works well, and I can have them sing obscenities…then that sinks it for me…Choirs!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

I gave myself a Presonus Central Station. Pretty cool piece of gear from my research. I have yet to install it into the studio yet though since I have been on a project.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Let's see, I bought myself the following...

iZotope's Ozone 3
    Voxengo Elephant and Lampthruster bundle
    Voxengo Analogue Suite
    SpinAudio's RoomVerb M2
    SpinAudio's Essential Bundle (RoomVerb M1, SpinEQ, SpinDelay, FX Designer, etc.)
    SpinAudio's 3D Panner Studio

For upwards of 600 bucks I was good to myself this year.

And the fine folks at SpinAudio gave me the 3D Plug Bundle for free (3D Delay, 3D Motion Panner, etc.)

I got the EWQLSO Gold and PMI Old Lady on the group buys. I'm really enjoying the Old Lady, but haven't had the chance to work much with Gold. I did manage to get my computers communicating with each other, but discovered my Midisport 8X8 needs repair and so haven't been able to use Gold (bummer). It's due back soon (I hope). In any case I'm just thrilled to finally have my computers talking to each other and I canm concentrate on making music.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by pantonality
    I did manage to get my computers communicating with each other, but discovered my Midisport 8X8 needs repair and so haven't been able to use Gold (bummer).
    Man, do I know how you feel. I bought Gold before the group buy but had a major electrical issue that fried the computer I was going to install it on (surge went right through a UPS proving you're never completely safe). By the time I had a new PC ready to go, Gold was at its maximum discount. Basically I didn't get to use Gold any earlier than the group buy participants but I did get the privilege of paying twice as much. And now back on topic ......

PMI Old Lady & Emperor (for my birthday a week before Christmas)
    DFH Superior
    Soundsonline gift certificates

All were from family. It pays to let people know what you want. After spending gobs of money on similar items all year long it feels good to receive some without it hitting my pocketbook.

Chris

Well, since I started the thread........

I gave everyone a list of the software/hardware that I wanted and my parents gave me $400. I think it is time for Gigastudio 3, since that's why I originally joined NorthernSounds anyway, to research it, etc. We'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    Well, since I started the thread........

I gave everyone a list of the software/hardware that I wanted and my parents gave me $400. I think it is time for Gigastudio 3, since that's why I originally joined NorthernSounds anyway, to research it, etc. We'll have to see.
    Hawaii? What are you doing in Hawaii? Rubbish!

I got the VSL training DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Hawaii? What are you doing in Hawaii? Rubbish!

I got the VSL training DVD.
    Sorry to mislead you. I'm actually visiting parents in Ohio right now, but I live in North Dakota. I like to put "Hawaii" in there because it helps me get through the winters by pretending. My girlfriend told me it was 40 degrees below zero (-40F) back home the other day. That's WITHOUT windchill. I think I just screwed up my own thread.

I didn't get anything cool. Hard times I guess ! But I have been saving for a new computer and maybe a powercore, also a trip to H-Wood.

Beeson

Go Back to forum