Since there has been so many post about problems with the new gigastudio, I thought I would just share my yesterday's experience with installing the new baby (v.3.01).
Short story: It works like a charm, no problems installing!
System (dedicated GS3) machine:
P4 3,4Ghz northwood on a ASUS-P4C800-E-deluxe
2 gigs (2x2matched pairs of 512Mb) of Dane-elec Dual channel RAM
Zalman CNPS7000B-CU CPU cooler.
M-Audio Delta44 with GSIF 2.0
250GB Maxtor SATA 7200 for samples
80GB Maxtor for system
160GB Seagate for capturing
Win XP-home SP2 clean install
no other programs installed on computer.
No tweaks or BIOS updates, apart from switching to "best performance" in the windows hardware manager.
GS installed without a glitch, the serial number came in a mail from TASCAM within an hour or so. MIDI over LAN+ was immediately recognized in GS, so soon I was good to go.
I am quite amazed at the amount of really usable sounds bundled with GS3. Gigapiano II is much better than I expected, and gigapulse is definately a quantum leap in terms of realism..
I put together a small sobby out-of-the-box cue with GPII and the Sonic Implants Sordino strings:
For those interested in comparing wirh the 24bit original, try this link: (13 MB)
I was sitting on the fence for some months and deciding whether to jump on the wagon. I am really happy I took the chance!