• Register
  • Help

Topic: New error message with Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

New error message with Kontakt

Hi there,

Maybe someone else has had this problem.

I am running Kontakt within Cubase (latest build) and I now everytime I open a cubase project when it gets to loading the Kontakt instance the Kontakt error message comes up

\"This file seems to be corrupted or may be incomplete\"

I push OK and get through this and everything works right. It is a bit of a nuisance though. Anyone else had this issue come up. BTW, it doesn\'t matter what the programs are loaded in Kontakt - happens now on all projects.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Re: New error message with Kontakt

Close Cubase and open a standalone version of Kontakt. You will notice that you are pointing to a sound that gives this error. Moved to another sound that loads without this error and then close Kontakt. Then open Cubase and the error should be gone.

This one made me thought I had to reinstall Kontakt when it first started occuring. I was also getting crashes in Kontakt. After doing the above fix, everything was back to normal.

Hi Hayden,

Thanks for the response. I closed Cubase and opened a standalone version of Kontakt (from my shortcut on the desktop) and I get the same notice (this file may be incomplete or corrupt).

When I hit through that, of course I see no loaded program within Kontakt, but it points to one of the VOTA patches. When I try to load ANY patch Kontakt crashes.

This is strange. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Can you suggest anything else? Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Try moving to a different folder and loading something like maybe some of the default NI instruments if you have them loaded. If it crashes on all Kontakt patches, you may need to try reapplying the latest patch or reinstalling Kontakt.

Rob.. your problem seems kinda unusual. I would do a complete uninstall and then a reinstall. You shouldn`t be getting these problems..Best Rich

Dude! Mine has been doing the same thing! AND it is with VOTA as well!!!!! I have uninstalled and re installed Kontakt and it\'s still doing it! Argh!

Go Back to forum