• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to use Gigapulse as a VST plugin effect?

Share/Bookmark

How to use Gigapulse as a VST plugin effect?

Hi all,

It seems one can buy Gigapulse only as a stand-alone VST effect. I purchased GS3 Orchestra, and tried to use a VST wrapper to bring up Gigapulse in Sonar. This did not work.

Does anyone know offhand what I am missing here?

Also as a quick aside I was wondering if anyone has bought the Larry Seyer's Acoustic Drums library and could comment on how awesome it is. Man.... this thing seems like a dream come true. It's my next library purchase for sure.
    Some experts learn more and more about less and less, until at last they know everything there is about nothing at all.

Re: How to use Gigapulse as a VST plugin effect?

GigaPulse Pro (part of GS3 Orchestra) appears to work only within GS3. You will have to buy GigaPulse VST separately (when it becomes available).

I am hoping that Tascam offers some type of discount on GigaPulse VST for GS3 Orch owners.

D'oh!

I will have to agree with you on that.
    Some experts learn more and more about less and less, until at last they know everything there is about nothing at all.

Bruce Richarson recently wrote that the Seyer Drums are his new "Secret Weapon Library". Lately people have been giving him positive comments on Bruce's drum tracks without being asked.

It's on my list too...

-JF

hv

If you have a GSIF2 multi-channel sound card you can use Gigapulse to directly process audio channels without VST. Just configure a GS DSP channel to use a couple unused audio input channels and throw GP on a DSP channel. For instance I use a FW1884 and config Sonar to do a post send to Ch 7-8, run a couple patch cords from the 7-8 outputs to the 5-6 inputs, then set up a DSP channel with the GP effect to input and output on the 5-6 channels. Back in Sonar activate the send and play to hear the effect in real time. Or drop in an audio track recording on ch 5-6 to record or solo the effect. A card with a little internal soft routing would probably dispense with the patch cords.

Howard

I've got Larry Seyers' Acoustic Drums, and it's outstanding!!Many different convolution modes and drum sets. Lots of midi drum patterns! I learned alot about Giga Studio reading the Acoustic Drum manual. Larry got it right!!!
    Steve
    FOOTHILL STUDIO
    Long Beach Ca.

Wow. All that sounds really bitchin. Larry will have my money soon.

RE: GPulse, I suppose I could do it that way but I'd rather not use my Giga machine for that purpose -- even if it does have the horsepower. As an effect I'd rather use it in a VST host for non-realtime rendering actually, in Pure Mode. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Tascam's upgrade pricing is for that...

(Though I look forward to using Larry's setup. That lib sounds so incredibly awesome.)

Anyway I've always been a big fan of convolution. I bought Sonic Foundry's Acoustic Impulse Modeler v1.0 before the product took the more popular Euro title of Acoustic Mirror.

Too bad the Acoustic Mirror impulses weren't all that musical. I found many to have strong peaks and valleys. They often did as much EQ as they did ambience. The GPulse impulses are awesome. Many if not most of them were done by Larry Seyer. If the drums come with additional impulses and settings, you can bet they're top notch.

-JF

Go Back to forum