• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Metal Gear Solid - futuristic electronics - advice?

Share/Bookmark

Metal Gear Solid - futuristic electronics - advice?

Hi... what VI's would you say were must haves to produce some MGS2 like music. Electronic action stuff...

I have:

Atmosphere
    Trilogy
    Stylus RMX
    Stormdrums
    Percussive Adventures 2 SE

What would you say I should get additionaly if anything?

Re: Metal Gear Solid - futuristic electronics - advice?

That's a nice list but all sample based. Some nice virtual analogs perhaps? Something from Linplug?

Have you considered Absynth? There's even a new version out now...

And I don't know if you use Live, but Live and BT's Breakz From The Nu Skool is a fantastic combination, as it allows you to match the beats to a common tempo.

Actually I thought that MGS2 used a lot of orchestral music. The music was done by Media Ventures and the cues I remember utilize lots of orchestral stuff alongside some minor loops.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Thanks... yep... But I have all the orchestral stuff down. So what I need are the more electronic side of things.

I dont use live I'm afraid. I'll check out Absynth... is it the best of its kind? I dont see my self getting loads of these, so I might as well get the best once and for all

I've had Absynth since the first version and now the new version is #3. It's a great program for unrecognizable and weird stuff. Not the best basic synth if tuned sounds are the thing you are after but it can do those too. At its best in sound design.

Maybe z3ta+, Cameleon or Wusikstation. K-v-R happens to be a great resource for this type of stuff (while Northern Sounds excels in the premium sampled libraries), IMHO.

Good luck!

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Absynth kicks serious *ss. But, IMHO, the top dog for doing all kinds of electronic stuff is Reaktor. Not only are the 'factory' ensembles (the name for each Reaktor instrument) amazing, but there are thousands(!) of additional instruments and fx in the online user library. Of course, not all of these are great, but I've easily come across more than a hundred that made my jaw drop.

If the price is too steep, you might also consider Albino. It has an excellent collection of presets, so you can get right to making music.

So can Absynth be used for stiff that Reaktor cant? or is Reaktor like the "all-in-one"...

Albino or Absynth? Why would one choose one over another? As much as I know about contemporary samples liberaries, as little do I know about synths!

Go Back to forum