• Register
  • Help

Topic: Proud owner of 2 Steinberg software pkgs

Share/Bookmark

Question Proud owner of 2 Steinberg software pkgs

So, who can tell me which one will work the best with GPO and what the differences are. Steinberg's website had zero info on the one that shipped with GPO.
    With GPO:
    Cubasis VST 4.0

With the Audigy 4 card:
    Fl Studio Cubase LE
    Actually the LE is listed under product info lit. It does:
    Simul playback of 48 audio tracks
    64 midi tracks

I'd like to learn just one of these programs.

Re: Proud owner of 2 Steinberg software pkgs

Go with Cubase LE. Much nicer although there's a bad habit of the CPU performance peaking for no reason on my system. You get 8 VST instances instead of 4, 4 send effects, and 2 master effects and 2 aux bus effects on each audio track.

Hands down, Cubase LE is the one to learn. Wish I had 300 bucks to upgrade mine to SL/SX.

The spontaneous "peaking" could be denormalizing rearing its ugly head - typically more of an issue with P4 systems than AMD. Definitely use Cubase LE.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Is Tracktion still being given away for free by Mackie? How would those of you who know both Cubase LE and Tracktion rate the two??

Trond

Smile Re: Proud owner of 2 Steinberg software pkgs

Thank's guys! I learn so much on this forum! I will unload Cubasis vst and install the Cubase LE.
    Who knows, maybe I can try writing something soon.
    Bill

Trond,

No, they are no longer giving away NFR copies of Tracktion. I missed out.

Funny thing. I tried the demo for Tracktion and now I think I'm dumping everything else and going with it. It was so nice not being cluttered with to much interface. I wouldn't try to mix in it, but it will do fine for sequencing. I felt liberated not having sensory overload for once. And I was able to slap together a track in minutes.

At 80 bucks its worth every penny (and then some.) I can't wait for version 2 to see what it brings.

Go Back to forum