• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anyway to get more that 16 giga outputs in sonar?

Share/Bookmark

Anyway to get more that 16 giga outputs in sonar?

So just to get this straight, you can only have 16 giga channels in Sonar using rewire and they're all mono? Is there any way at all to control instruments not loaded into G3Port 1 in Sonar (doesn't have to be through rewire..)
    Tim

Re: Anyway to get more that 16 giga outputs in sonar?

You can access all 8 ports if you use the Giga VST Adapter from http://www.fx-max.com. I still can't understand why they didn't address the 16 channel limitation in Sonar 4...

/Mattias

I don't really understand why they haven't got rid of the 16 channel limitation either. Oh well. The Giga VST adapter is exactly what I was looking for. Never really understood what it's purpose was and what it did until now. Thanks.
    Tim

Not sure if this is your question, but if you don't use rewire, you can easily use all 8 GS3 orchestra midi ports for 8 x 16 = 128 midi channels from sonar to gs3.

You can also use rewire PLUS the normal connections from sonar to the gigastudio out ports -- so you can rewire 16 midi channels to port 1 and then use 112 additional channels on ports 2-7. Only the rewire channels can be 'bounced to tracks' in sonar, but the others can be captured by gigastudio or they can be recorded through the sound card mixer, if that's possible with your soundcard, or with an audio loop if not.

Question Re: Anyway to get more that 16 giga outputs in sonar?

In tgfoo's post he mentioned that the channels in sonar 4 using re-wire are all mono. Is this true? I've been using it and everything sounds good to me. Maybe the effects plugged in to the channels are fooling me and making me think that everything's stereo.

Also I read in another post somewhere that "they" are working on the rewire problem. Was he referring to "Cakewalk" ? And does anyone know if they really are?

Thanks gugliel, I'll have to give that way a try too. The Giga VST Adapter does work wonderfully though, but it's also an additional 70 bucks .

And I'm not positive that rewiring in Sonar gives you mono instead of stereo, but that's what I had read in several other posts in this section.
    Tim

The limitation of 16 MIDI channels for Rewire is because of the version of Rewire they included. It's a very basic one.

Hmmm, I actually get better results running GS3 and Sonar together using the VST Adapter than I did with Rewire. I haven't had a single pop or click yet when running an instance of Giga Pulse yet (which I would get all the time using rewire). I'm definitely sold on this.
    Tim

Why would one use either ReWire or VST with Giga and SONAR? Is it because you're running both on the same machine?

Quote Originally Posted by gugliel
    Not sure if this is your question, but if you don't use rewire, you can easily use all 8 GS3 orchestra midi ports for 8 x 16 = 128 midi channels from sonar to gs3.

You can also use rewire PLUS the normal connections from sonar to the gigastudio out ports -- so you can rewire 16 midi channels to port 1 and then use 112 additional channels on ports 2-7. Only the rewire channels can be 'bounced to tracks' in sonar, but the others can be captured by gigastudio or they can be recorded through the sound card mixer, if that's possible with your soundcard, or with an audio loop if not.
    Could you elaborate on the audio loop solution? I have 2 M-Audio Delta cards in my system. I'd like to be able to do it without cableing one to the other. Can this be done internally?
    thanks!

Go Back to forum