• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vinyl Scratch sound - Help needed!

Share/Bookmark

Vinyl Scratch sound - Help needed!

I'm doing a track at the moment that requires a vinyl scratch type of patch - I'm sure this sort of patch was commonplace in GM banks, but I can't seem to find one on any of my softsynths! Any ideas where I can get one? I've searched everywhere on the net but seem only able to find loop type samples that aren't just one-hits which is what I need here.

Thanks for any ideas in advance

Re: Vinyl Scratch sound - Help needed!

I have an extensive library of customized vinyl scratching loops done by a pro "competition" dj and various tempos and styles. Would anyone be interested in this type of library (probably available in Intakt format) if I released it commercially?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

We have a massive amount of exactly this kind of material in Stylus (Classic and RMX)...all organized by category too. RMX has a lot of new cateories of instruments scratched, including horns, strings, pianos, guitars, basses, vocals, etc.

:-)

spectrum

While Stylus RMX kicks arse it's a bit overkill if you are just looking for scratches.
    Try Turntablist pro.
    It can scratch on any wav file you put through it. And it's free.

This free VST plug is great.
    Vinyl

Edit- I, somehow, didn't see the post above. Will have to check out that plug too.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    RMX has a lot of new cateories of instruments scratched, including horns, strings, pianos, guitars, basses, vocals, etc.
    I would never borrow my instruments to you if I would get them back scratched.

Thanks for all your replies so far.

Just to clarify, I just want a patch that I can play using my keyboard - I need 2 different pitches that I can play in rhythm. Therefore, Vinyl (which I have) is no good, and neither is Turntablist.

It looks like so far Stylus (the only Spectrasonics VST I don't have!) is the only option, which as you have said is slightly overkill as I don't usually require that type of stuff....

Maybe go to a dJ forum and ask someone to burn you some wave files at tempo for some change$....

I have a disc of scratching somewhere but have no clue what it's called or where it is???

Mid, I'd be interested if it was cheap $$$ and I could play with the tempo....

KID

Go Back to forum