• Register
  • Help

Topic: DFHS & Kontakt?

DFHS & Kontakt?

Since i'm OS 9.2.2 , can DFHS be opened with Kontakt?
    I know the Superior instrument wont do os 9...

Re: DFHS & Kontakt?

Quote Originally Posted by hebjam
    Since i'm OS 9.2.2 , can DFHS be opened with Kontakt?
    I know the Superior instrument wont do os 9...
    This version will work with OS-9 with the downloadable update.

- Doug

Just out of curiosity, why are you still using OS 9? I'm not making judgements, but I'm wondering since it's been a few years since OS X came out and it's proven to be a very solid operating system and just about every application now runs on it (aside from Alchemy).
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Because I'm on an older G3 (Upgrade to g4-700) and I'm afraid it would be too much strain on my system. I also know it well and all my apps etc...are fully integrated! I also have a Lynx ONE audio card and a scsi card which are not OSX compatible so, it would be alot to change.

I believe I may not be the only OS 9 user left though???

Not by a long shot. I have a G5, but I also have a Sawtooth G4 stuck at OS9. I have a few apps that will not run in Classic mode on 0SX. I upgraded this system to OSX at one point, but did not like the performance. Go to the Motu-Mac discussion group and you will see folks using Digital Performer on OS9. Not everyone is jumpling.

Having said that, I do like OSX much better. You can bet that it will be a year before I switch to Tiger, though.

Enjoy DFHS...I surely do.

Ok, but the version DFH2 is smaller than DFHS?
    I really want some "Ringo" type 60's kits and i think DFHS would have it.
    Question is, does Kontakt load it and if so, is it worthwhile without the benefit of the included Vsti?

Go Back to forum