• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga and problems with cubase system link ?

Share/Bookmark

Giga and problems with cubase system link ?

Hi !

Just wondering if someone else has got a problem with this:

http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum15/HTML/000054.html

...or if anyone´s got system link working on a PC with an audiophile24/96 and giga installed (not necessarily running though).

Have a nice day !

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Giga and problems with cubase system link ?

Hi!

Yes, there seems to be issues with system link for some of us, while others have it working fine even with essentially the same setup/audiocard...
    Hope it works out for you in the end! From my end, i´m still trying to get some useful feedback from m-audio...

I found the solution, which was to allow Cubase full control of the I/O that also controlled the digital audio connections. Giga seems to be happy with the latter GSIF ports with little to no complaining under no load (meaning I haven\'t thrown a bunch of tracks at it yet - just got it to stand up functionally). I\'ll be posting a follow-up in that thread as promised.

Just FYI - I\'m having some issues with Giga - Cubase SX and ESI (Ego Sys) cards. I explained it in the thread and will post a follow-up there when I get some hard data.

Nice to hear that your problem was solved!
    This would indicate that gigastudio is not a problem when using cubase system link!

Well, if you can separate the ports you use for external digital I/O from the ports you use for Giga, then you shouldn\'t have a problem. However, I\'ve not tried a card that has a multi-channel I/O port, where half would be assigned to SX and the other to Giga (or somesuch config). My guess would be that _again_ the user would need to make sure Giga doe not attempt to mount the ASIO ports/channels that are used to carry the VST System Link info. But with these things one never knows...

Go Back to forum