• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I'm gonna commit gigacide! Help w/NFX

Share/Bookmark

I'm gonna commit gigacide! Help w/NFX

(OH why did I upgrade from 2.54?!?!?) I am completely baffled...
    Ok. I cannot get my native plug-ins or gigapulse to show!
    Everything is completely installed w/ update 3.04 (orchestra) and I'm registered. I have AMPLE pc power and memory. I have GSIF 2 on m-audio delta 410. I scan and scan and configure and configure. My NFX and Gigapulse show up in my configuration screens. As soon as I try to use ANY effects on the mixer or loading instruments though, "nada". This problem is compounded by the fact that the lack of giga pulse recognition does not allow me to use Gigapiano (or even quicksound it). I'm at a loss. I have seen no one else with this problem and I'm wondering what's going on. All my "old" gig files work fine. Everything else works fine. Am I missing something here? I'm really getting irritated, the main reason I upgraded was for gigapulse capabilities!

(And yes I read the manual and am STILL waiting to hear back from Tascam.)
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Re: I'm gonna commit gigacide! Help w/NFX

I should clarify a little more...
    On the DSP inserts I can "see" the effects and gigapulse, when I choose them though nothing happens. No pop up screens no nothing...
    On the loading area I can't even get an FX drop down menu.
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Hmmm..... I would backup your registration using the GS3 license manager, and save that to some other location/drive. Then uninstall and use the GigaClean utility on the Application DVD to scour any GS3 remnants from the machine. Restart the computer, and then reinstall the application to a different folder name. When you are prompted to install the Content, again choose a different folder name than you did last time.

Hopefully this will cause new "connections" to be established during setup that resolve your issue.
    Some experts learn more and more about less and less, until at last they know everything there is about nothing at all.

Are you using an Intel system? If so, disable hyperthreading in your BIOS.

Alewis makes a good point about reinstalling. Take a close look at the location for your GigaPulse instances. By default Giga installs them on your D drive. Ideally they will be on your audio drive (not the system or sample drive). The second best option is apparently on your sample drive.

-JF

Hmm... Thanks but no good I'm afraid.
    I already did back up license and uninstall w/ giga clean and re install...
    No, I don't have Intel so no hyperthreading issue. And yes, my gigs and gigapulse are on a separate hard drive. Any other ideas? Thanks again...

I lost my gigapulse for awhile ... first, it must be installed! It makes a folder called "Gpulse/Common" somewhere, by default "D:\tascam\gpulse\common".

So find that folder first, then in System Settings, Gpulse/Convolution, you add the appropriate folder (directory) to the search path by using the ADD button, and also uncheck the factory setting search path if that is not where your gigapulse is. Add the full path name, down to the "Common" part of the path.

Yes, I already knew that. Thanks though.
    Let me state, as far as I know, all of the obvious has already been done. Let me re-iterate, giga "sees" the NFXs and gigapulse. But they will simply not run. No drop down box appears for NFX and no insert will "insert". All the "usual stuff" has been tried. Thanks everyone for your input! I appreciate you guys!

It's probably fair to say that if the other NFX does not run, it's not a Gigapulse problem per se.

I would then move on to nuke your sound card & driver. Delete it from your control panel, delete the m-audio driver folder on your hard drive, and then open regedit and kill all the sound card entries.

Then turn off the computer.

Now, open the computer and move the soundcard to a new slot. Turn on the computer and reinstall the sound card driver software. If necessary, try using different driver versions. Like for example, try using a GSIF 1 driver if you must. Even if just for testing/experimentation.
    Some experts learn more and more about less and less, until at last they know everything there is about nothing at all.

He he... thanks Andrew but that too has been done. Actually I had a EWX2496 I just replaced with the m-audio BECAUSE I thought these problems were all due to my Terratec card, but obviously not. Boy is this frustratingly weird. Thanks Andrew for pluggin' away with me here.

Joshj,

I had a similar problem where I could not use any inserts. I had a situation where I could tell Gigapulse was running even though the "interface" didn't think it was.

I can't exactly remember how I fixed it, but I would try the following:
    1. Go to the GigaStudio Configuration Manager (Start, All Programs, Tascam GS, GS Config Manager)
    2. Select the "Rewire/Plugins" tab.
    3. Click on the "Configure plugins" button.

If that doesn't work, then go try the "GigaPulse/Convolution" tab, then click on the "Reset to Default State" button.

If that doesn't work, try "crashing" your system with GS still running.

I can't prove it, but I have been able to avoid this problem by making sure that all instruments are "unloaded" and all effects are "removed" before I power down GS.

Finally, I would suggest a phone call to Tascam. They do a better job responding over the phone than by email.

Go Back to forum