• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Willing to help GPO a piece?

Share/Bookmark

Willing to help GPO a piece?

Hello everyone,

Last night something monumental happened - I discovered GPO while browsing the internet for orchestral keyboards! So, I am completely new but have spent the past few hours reading and listening to GPO created music.

I recently wrote a fully orchestral musical which was staged and performed by a 24-piece orchestra. Obviously, it costs money to hire an orchestra and so I have been unable to record a Cast CD of the show. At least not with realistic orchestral instrumentation. After discovering GPO I am wondering if my dreams are about to come true and I am placing my order for it this week.

In the meantime, I have a request to any other GPO users out there. I would like to ask if any of you would be willing to take one of the songs from my musical and do a GPO mock up of it for me. It would give me an idea of what can be done. I would be eternally grateful if someone would be willing to do this for me.

I'm looking forward to joining the GPO community and wish you all a Happy New Year!

Kin

Re: Willing to help GPO a piece?

Hi Kin

This sounds like a great challelenge to the people here. I am sure that somebody would be interested, but then you'll have to give us a link to the midi files of the piece you'd like us to tackle.

Hi Sepheritoh,

That would be awesome! As I am new to all this, what is needed? each instrument's midi file seperately? I can link the entire score as a Finale (.MUS) file or the entire score as midi - whichever is easiest to work with for you guys

Many thanks
    <excited>

Kin

If you do not mind a bland (but still reasonably pleasing) performance, I'd be willing to run it through my algorithmic processing, examples which can be found at http://ybacuo.wusik.com

I would need a link to a midi file.

YBaCuO

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    Hi Sepheritoh,

That would be awesome! As I am new to all this, what is needed? each instrument's midi file seperately? I can link the entire score as a Finale (.MUS) file or the entire score as midi - whichever is easiest to work with for you guys

Many thanks
    <excited>

Kin
    Kin, a single midi file would be the easiest to work with.

Tell me, are you looking for a most realistic possible rendition of the existing orchestration (sticking to the 24 piece format), or would you like us to expand on it?

Hi again,
    Thanks for your replies. I am just trying to find a bit of free webspace so I can put up the midi file.

Alternatively I could email it to you.

I would like the orchestrations to stay as they are since they are original but what I am looking for is a realistic orchestra sound - with expression and dynamics. We spent weeks putting in markings for the orchestra but of course, computers rarely read them! I'm hoping GPO will solve these problems.

I will post a link to the midi file when I have uploaded it (or let me know if you want me to just email it to you)
    Many thanks again

Kin

Ok here is the piece, in midi format.

http://www.geocities.com/jestermanno...ust_a_girl.MID

Please do whatever you feel the piece needs in terms of balance/expression. Use your own judgement on which versions of instruments to use. Please make sure that the vocal melody lines (Garlan and Herianne) are muted. And finally, feel free to add any extra percussion if you feel it needs some.

Thanks so much for working on this for me. I can't wait to get my hands on GPO myself!

Looking forward to hearing the GPO version of this piece.

Kin

Right-on

I'll post a link to the final mix here in this thread.

Re: The string ensemble line - should I split it Violins 1, 2 Viala, Cello from top to bottom?

Here is an excerpt from the mp3 recorded version which I did on a Roland VA-76 arranger keyboard. It should help you get an idea of the general feel for the song.

http://www.geocities.com/jestermanno...a_girl_mp3.mp3

I will also get the FINALE file up soon Neo, check back in 5 mins.

Thanks

Kin

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast