• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gary & Jeff Alive, Well at CES

Share/Bookmark

Gary & Jeff Alive, Well at CES

I had an unexpected treat at CES: I got to meet and spend some time with Gary Garritan and Jeff Hurchalla at their GPO booth in the Home Studio Expo.

One of Gary's first questions was about how things were going on the forums. His hotel lacks Internet access, so he was suffering NS withdrawls. I'm confident that he will recover soon.

But the real fun will come later this month at NAMM. Expect good things. I'll say no more on the subject for another week or so...

Also in the Home Studio tent were Steinberg, Emu, M-Audio, Shure and others. Gibson had their own tent, including a small museum of their custom guitars. It's cool that CES is starting to include more musical instrument and studio stuff.

Hopefully Gary and Jeff had a successful show. It was a real pleasure to chat with them in person. Time to listen to that Christmas CD...

-JF

Re: Gary & Jeff Alive, Well at CES

Have steinberg got any tricks John?
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

I didn't hear any new announcements at CES from any of the studio guys. The rabbits will come out of the hats at NAMM.

-JF

Thanks

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Thanks for the update Jon. I had wondered what he'd been up to. I was thinking maybe he was tied up at the craps table. Good to know he's still in business and everything is going well at CES.

Thanks for the report Jon.

Jeff and I enjoyed meeting.you. I agree that it is cool that CES is starting to recognize musical instrument and studio stuff.

Hope you had fun in Las Vegas and looking forward to seeing you again at NAMM.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum