• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do I have to pay for multiple licenses for GIGA to use on more than 1 computer??

Share/Bookmark

Do I have to pay for multiple licenses for GIGA to use on more than 1 computer??

I\'m just building a second giga machine and am unfamiliar with how Tascam/Nemesys handles this. Do I have to purchase another license to get a new cd key to install giga, or will my existing license work on both computers, if I transfer all the reg info.

Thanks,

Colin

Re: Do I have to pay for multiple licenses for GIGA to use on more than 1 computer??

I just looked into this. It seems that you have to buy an additional license key for each computer you run Gigastudio, which is posted and priced on the Tascam website.

Re: Do I have to pay for multiple licenses for GIGA to use on more than 1 computer??

Gosh, that doesn\'t seem ethically correct. The license is there for \"your\" use. As long as you don\'t use both giga\'s at the exact same time, or you and a buddy use the same giga on different machines, you should be within the license guidelines. For example, if your computer were to crash, and needed to reinstall Giga, would they charge you for the reinstallation? What if you changed hard drives and plopped the Giga one in another computer, would they have a right to charge you for that too? I wouldn\'t thinks so but maybe I\'m wrong.

Ron

Hi Guys,

This shouldn\'t be any different than Spectrasonics\' policy, should it? With Atmosphere, for example, my license is granted to me on a per-person basis, not a per computer basis. I am entitled, for strictly my own personal use, to install Atmosphere on several of my computers. This is how it should be...

Trond

Originally posted by rtan:
    Gosh, that doesn\'t seem ethically correct. The license is there for \"your\" use. As long as you don\'t use both giga\'s at the exact same time, or you and a buddy use the same giga on different machines, you should be within the license guidelines.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You can’t seriously be thinking this?

Do you use the same copy on Windows on both machines? The same copy of SoundForge? The same MS Office?

Get a grip.

Hi Bill, I\'m not sure what you mean. I\'m just saying that according to the \"developers\" stated license for general software, they are either lax about it and say you can personally install it on any number of machines, OR, some developers state that it can only be used on one of your computers at a time, whether installed on multiple machines or not.

I apologize if you may have percieved my message any other way.

I know that software is often not used in compliance with the licensing requirements, but there\'s a large difference between what the developer intended and what happens in the real world out there.

Again, not here to ruffle any feathers.

maybe that\'s why there\'s a 1gB RAM limit [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by dnortana:
    This shouldn\'t be any different than Spectrasonics\' policy, should it? With Atmosphere, for example, my license is granted to me on a per-person basis, not a per computer basis. I am entitled, for strictly my own personal use, to install Atmosphere on several of my computers. This is how it should be.../QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s why we love Eric Persing!

Go Back to forum