• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for vibes and Suitcase Rhodes in Giga

Share/Bookmark

Looking for vibes and Suitcase Rhodes in Giga

Does anyone have any suggestions for two favorite sounds I’m looking for in the giga world? The first is a classic Fender Rhodes suitcase Piano. For those of us of a certain age, the “Suitcase Rhodes” was the classic sound popularized by Herbie Hancock, Chick Korea, Amad Jamal and Bill Evans. It should not be confused with the stage piano and absolutely not with the DX7. I’m particularly interested in the stereo tremolo that was so much a part of classic recordings from the 60s.
    The second favorite instrument is a good sample of vibes, both motorized and nonmotorized with all manner of mallets. I thought that the DS Soundware Ultimate Orchestral Percussion Library would have that, but it doesn’t. Any thoughts. The motor speed and depth should be user controllable. That goes for the speed and depth on the tremolo for the Rhodes as well.
    Any suggestions appreciated, particularly if they come with personal recommendations or links to mp3 examples.
    Kevin

Re: Looking for vibes and Suitcase Rhodes in Giga

Just to be sure:

Have you heard Scarbee's Rhodes?

Definitely Scarbee RSP. I love it.
    And Thomas recently released VKFX (Vintage effects) which has the stereo tremlo, as well as other effects. Tis a little pricey though at $299 unfortunately.

Mal

Well, I've found the vibes after years of searching. Check out the VSL Horizon Series Mallets collection. The vibes with soft mallets and slow motor are absolutely flawless in my view.
    As for the Rhodes, I might go for a Kontakt or VST option. I got Lounge Lizard and it's very good.
    Kevin

Go Back to forum