• Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Apple's "iHome"

Share/Bookmark

Apple's "iHome"

http://dms.tecknohost.com/macrumors/i/ihome/

Could still be fake/rumor.

If true ...

Wow! Starting at $499 --- good way to reel in all those new iPod users!

iHome + bluetooth Keyboard + Airpot Express = new piece for my entertainment center (catch my drift ??)

Re: Apple's "iHome"

Those pics are complete bogus. If you want to know why, read this. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a flat box announced tomorrow though.

Thanks for the heads up .. yeah kinda looks like an iBook :-)

But, the rumors are probably are true - headless mac, guess we'll know in a few hours.

Apple introduces Mac mini. New member of Mac family Slot-load Combo optical drive. Play DVDs, burn CDs. Quiet. Tiny, FireWire, ethernet, USB 2.o, both DVI/VGA output. Very tiny. Height is half the size of an iPod mini. BYODKM. Bring Your Own Display, Keyboard, Mouse. Firs one is $499: 1.25GHz 256MB/40GB More memory and larger hard drive for $599. Will ship on January 22. Ships in a box smaller than the regular iPod box.

Seems like an ideal candidate to run something like QLSO Gold or Stylus RMX as a separate module (PC style).

As a stand-alone QLSO player, I bet it could handle a decent amount of modules since the sequencer DAW would not be running off of the same machine and memory.

Hmmmm...thoughts?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

only one gig of RAM max in it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Seems like an ideal candidate to run something like QLSO Gold or Stylus RMX as a separate module (PC style).

As a stand-alone QLSO player, I bet it could handle a decent amount of modules since the sequencer DAW would not be running off of the same machine and memory.

Hmmmm...thoughts?
    Cool concept. Shuttle PCs might be a good way to take this same kind of approach. Something like one of these, perhaps:

http://www.buydirectpc.com/cubes.go?b=shuttle_pc_pm

- Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by EricRichmond
    only one gig of RAM max in it
    That's because it only has one slot for RAM. This machine isn't designed to compete with the Powermac. Still, I like it. It's a real jaw-dropper.

It's so cool that I feel disappointed because I don't have any use for it. Maximum 2 gigs of ram and a digital audio out would make it irresistible as a sampler and a DVD player.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast