• Register
  • Help

Topic: On forums...

Share/Bookmark

On forums...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Quote Originally Posted by Midphase
    Link, I just knew that I was going to piss someone off by pointing out the obvious. I am not arguing against forums being a good place to ask questions and get good info from the posters, however you do have to agree that it's easy for forums such as this to get overcrowded with people asking all sorts of easy to figure out questions. This type of posting only contributes to this forum becoming more chaotic and crowded and, for all intents and purposes, making it more difficult for people to find answers for legitimate issues.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people ask for questions here that can easily be answered by going to the developer's web site. Things like "Does ... work with OS X?" or "How many gigs is ..." or "When is ... coming out?" etc.

While I do not necessarily thing that Luk's question was out of place, I think it's important to encourage everyone to check on line to see if the issue can be easily solved by a quick search and to do a search on the forums to see if the question has already been answered (which more often than not it has).

Sonikmatter Logic Forums have a pretty tight grip of those rules and IMHO, work very well to keep the forum clean and truly helpful without being cluttered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Link F.
    Midphase,

I'm hardly pissed, your opinion is just as valid as the next, everyone's got em.

I just think that telling people to get their information from another source as part of an informational source seems wrong.

I don't know the admins of this forum, but I do know other admins and they like it when people post, deturing them from posting again just seems wrong.

I like Sonikmatter, but don't visit there nearly a quarter of the time that I do here 'cause there are fewer posts. That means I see 75% of their advertising and announcements, I click on their banners 75% less of the time. I'm sure developers keep an eye on their referrals and which forums they choose to continue investing in.

I don't mind an active community, even if that occasionally means seeing one discussion had more than once, 'cause it will always be from a new perspective under new circumstances. Libraries are being announced and released weekly.

Any replies to this should go in the off-topics section... we'll have fun there and keep this thread on point.
    I just wanted to set up a spot for me and my new buddy Midphase to have some fun...
    Lincoln Flesch
    Diva, GPO, GOS, LastLibs Bass, Scarbee's SID, BFD, Post Emperor and the MAG.
    ---------------------------------------
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    --Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Re: On forums...

Can you tell me something about yourself?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: On forums...

Sure, what would you like to know? EDIT: It's around 3 am here, I'm off to bed, I will answer any questions in the morning.
    Lincoln Flesch
    Diva, GPO, GOS, LastLibs Bass, Scarbee's SID, BFD, Post Emperor and the MAG.
    ---------------------------------------
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    --Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Go Back to forum