• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adagietto for flute, cello and piano

Share/Bookmark

Adagietto for flute, cello and piano

I have been working with GPO for a while, pretty much in isolation. I could use a reality check from outside my own skin. I would appreciate any comments regarding composition, performance and quality of the simulation.

Thanks so much. Am glad to reciprocate.

Adagietto (11 MB, MP3)

Ed

Re: Adagietto for flute, cello and piano

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    I have been working with GPO for a while, pretty much in isolation. I could use a reality check from outside my own skin. I would appreciate any comments regarding composition, performance and quality of the simulation.

Thanks so much. Am glad to reciprocate.

Adagietto (11 MB, MP3)

Ed
    I'm so sorry...the link wouldn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daag Nabbott
    I'm so sorry...the link wouldn't work for me.
    Sorry about that. I don't know why. I just tried it right out of your quote of my message and it worked fine. It is 11MB, do you have a slow connection?

Thanks anyway.(I hope you will try again...)

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    Sorry about that. I don't know why. I just tried it right out of your quote of my message and it worked fine. It is 11MB, do you have a slow connection?

Thanks anyway.(I hope you will try again...)

Ed
    Ed, I did try again. For some reason, I had to just download it to my HD first before I could get window media player to agree to play it. Previously, with a simple left-click on the link to play it, the media player would 'pretend' to open it, but made nary a sound. Anyway, this behavior has happened on I'd say about 30% of the music I try to listen to from this forum. I am suspecting that it's probably codec issues.

That said, I'm wondering if there still might be some technical issue with your MP3 (that is, playing nicely on my PC system). For instance, I heard no cello. But your title suggests that cello is indeed in there. I heard piano and flute. Another thing I wasn't anticipating was what seemed like the flute played with hardly no attack on the notes. This got me listening very closely, as I figured legato phrasing was probably your goal, but I couldn't detect but few (if any) flute attack. Is this by design? Else not, then I should be certainly concerned about the integrity of the data in the Mp3 I downloaded.

Assuming for the moment, that what I hear at this juncture, is indeed what you want to be heard, I will say that your piece began to speak to me starting at about 5:40 and thereon. But any of it would be good movie backdrop for the right scenario, IMHO.

This piece is pretty good! What system did you use to compose it?
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by Daag Nabbott
    Ed, I did try again. For some reason, I had to just download it to my HD first before I could get window media player to agree to play it. Previously, with a simple left-click on the link to play it, the media player would 'pretend' to open it, but made nary a sound. Anyway, this behavior has happened on I'd say about 30% of the music I try to listen to from this forum. I am suspecting that it's probably codec issues.

That said, I'm wondering if there still might be some technical issue with your MP3 (that is, playing nicely on my PC system). For instance, I heard no cello. But your title suggests that cello is indeed in there. I heard piano and flute. Another thing I wasn't anticipating was what seemed like the flute played with hardly no attack on the notes. This got me listening very closely, as I figured legato phrasing was probably your goal, but I couldn't detect but few (if any) flute attack. Is this by design? Else not, then I should be certainly concerned about the integrity of the data in the Mp3 I downloaded.

Assuming for the moment, that what I hear at this juncture, is indeed what you want to be heard, I will say that your piece began to speak to me starting at about 5:40 and thereon. But any of it would be good movie backdrop for the right scenario, IMHO.
    I am sorry my friend but there is a cello in there although maybe I did such a lousy job that it does not sound like a cello...but there is a third voice whatever its timbre! If you are having trouble with these MP3 files, perhaps it is also affecting how the flute sounds.

Thanks for hangimg in there.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    This piece is pretty good! What system did you use to compose it?
    Thanks for listening. These are DRY GPO instruments, with just a little reverb. I use DP in a MAC G4 dual 1.25 GHZ with 1GB RAM. Everything is played on keyboard(Kurzweil PC88MX). I have just bought a WX-5 wind controller and will be trying that for expression. I do have fair skill on both keyboard and sax/clarinet, altough I acquired both a very long time ago, and allowed them to decline as I went forth to earn a living, an all too familiar story.

ED

Go Back to forum