• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase or other?

Share/Bookmark

Cubase or other?

Hello!
    can you give me some advice, please? I am using cubase vst 32 5.0 with gigastudio, but there are some problems espetially with the \"volume control\" (to create cresendi) wich is difficult to manipulate. Is Cubase sx better? Maybe there are better programs than cubase? What about Calkwalk?
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thank you!
    Markus.

Re: Cubase or other?

Hello,
    I was also a VST 5.1 user and I upgraded to Cubase SX a few months ago.
    Well I don\'t even think of looking back.
    There are for sure some shortcomings and some missing features from 5.1, especially on the midi front. But overall it\'s a fantastic program in my opinion.

Actually the new automation, although not perfect in some respect, has just changed my life: you can do everything graphically, each track has it\'s own automation track. Furthermore you have a choice of graphic tools like lines, paraboles, squares, etc. enabling you to quickly draw automation curves.

As I\'m doing more and more scoring for orchestras in my arrangements it just brings a whole new world of realistic performances (essentially thanks to volume automation).
    The major shortcoming is that you cannot tie currently automation points to parts (which means moving a part doesn\'t move its automation automatically: you have to do it manually, which is easy but a little bit time consuming).

There\'s a nice and friendly little forum dedicated to Cubase SX and Nuendo here:

http://www.auxbuss.com/modules.php?name=Forums

Hope this helps,
    Michaël [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hello mikhail!
    thank you for answering. did I understand you well that with cudase sx you can create cresendi and decrescendi graphically? this was kind of complica

Hello mikhail!
    thank you for answering. did I understand you well that with cudase sx you can create cresendi and decrescendi graphically? this was kind of complicated in the cudase 5.0 version... if it is so I should get cubase sx...

yep !

It´s graphic volume editing !

Just click to set points on a straight line, than mover the point to create fade in / outs !

Have been having quite some fun with SX, it´s a good program (for me) and as it´s only 1.0 yet, i´m looking forward to some nice upgrades in the future..!

Not to expensive to go from 5.1 eithcer, and you get to keep the license for the old cubase (to use with system link on another computer)

Cheers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] that\'s cool, but: am I right that cubase sx don\'t run on windows 98 ?

Go Back to forum