• Register
  • Help

Topic: Something curious String Ensemble Building Tutorial

Share/Bookmark

Cool Something curious String Ensemble Building Tutorial

Hello, I was about looking at String Ensemble Building Tutorial at Garritan site and taking a tour I have seen something strange. But what is the long list of solo string and Ensembles pictured in one figure of the tutorial? I can't find that kind of patches (violin 2STRAD CHR2, 3, etc...)!!!! What are this patches? user created or something else not yet available to customers users?
    I am very curious.
    Probably I am stupid and I can't recognized something I have.
    But really I can't find it...............
    Thanks..

Re: Something curious String Ensemble Building Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Hello, I was about looking at String Ensemble Building Tutorial at garritan site and taking a tour I have seen something strange. But what is the long list of solo string and Ensembles pictured in one figure of the tutorial? I can't find that kind of patches (violin 2STRAD CHR2, 3, etc...)!!!! What are this patches? user created or something else not yet available to customers users?
    I am very curious.
    Probably I am stupid and I can't recognized something I have.
    But really I can't find it...............
    Thanks..
    beach,

Chr (or chair) was a prior naming convention used in a beta version of the updates. In the final updates they are named PLR (Player) and previously ENS (ensembles). I would advise you download the latest version. After NAMM I will update Danielle's tutorial to reflect the current "PLR" name.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: Something curious String Ensemble Building Tutorial

Thank you Gary,
    I was absolutely not worried, despite I am new in this GPO world and I always feel late as regards the others. Reading of "GPO2", advanced and lite... I was simply curious to know if that picture was a gift of the "new GPO" (if there will be a new GPO!). One sees that I am a beginner!!!!!
    I have downloaded the free updates (October 19,2004) from your website and from NI.
    Oh... only one thing again. I am about to end my first (I feel ashamed) little demo using GPO, but I don't have any web space where putting that.
    So I ask if there are other ways to put that song in the forum.
    Many thanks Gary your library has been a beautiful gift for me.
    Now my scores come to life.
    beach.

Beach, I highly recommend www.mydocsonline.com here is their pricing
    Super easy to use and very reliable.
    DPDAN

Hi beach,

If you can email me the mp3 file you would like to post, I'll be glad to host it for you for a month or two. I'll send you a link for the file when it's done that you can use with your post. Then you can find a more permanent host.

Welcome to the GPO family,

Karl

Wink Re: Something curious String Ensemble Building Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Hi beach,

If you can email me the mp3 file you would like to post, I'll be glad to host it for you for a month or two. I'll send you a link for the file when it's done that you can use with your post. Then you can find a more permanent host.

Welcome to the GPO family,

Karl
    Thank you Mr. Garrett,
    just finished I will communicate to you.

Go Back to forum