• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem With Vintaudio Clinton Upright

Share/Bookmark

Problem With Vintaudio Clinton Upright

Anyone else get crashes when they try to install the Vintaudio Clinton Upright? I know I am in a minority using it in sfz+, but I have never had a problem before. Anyone else having a problem?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Problem With Vintaudio Clinton Upright

I didn't get crashes but got CRC errors on two files while installing.
    However all the files installed fine after trying several times.

Ken

Actually, I don't get crashes, but the system freezes and the samples do not load. I have to get out of Sonar.

It is interesting you are having problems too. Anyone else?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Works fine here in Logic using EXS24 MKII. I had problems initially, but then discovered that disk streaming wasn't enabled in EXS24 by default... Anyway - it's working fine and I think it's my favourite piano out of the three I got with the group buy...

Quote Originally Posted by steveb
    Works fine here in Logic using EXS24 MKII. I had problems initially, but then discovered that disk streaming wasn't enabled in EXS24 by default... Anyway - it's working fine and I think it's my favourite piano out of the three I got with the group buy...

Wow! Now I really want to get it working. Maybe I will try it in VSampler.

To add to the headache, I can seem to copy the files from the Yamaha C7 DVD into my computer in order to install the files. I haven't had this problem with any other DVD.

At least the electric guitars seem to have loaded and work (but I havent checked out the key switching yet )

I will keep working on it for a while before I bug Frankie about it.

jeffn1

I had also trouble copying the files. I blame the recordable DVDs and sticker labels. I finally got everything copied with my second computer but there are still some corrupt patches. I understand that the recordable DVDs are cheap but I really hate all the trouble they cause, I've had the same problems with discs from other developers.

With regard to the Yamaha C7, I might try to copy the files onto another computer. It has a DVD Rom drive, but it is not recordable. If I can copy the files into my other computer (which, would indicate the problem is with my DVD Drive on my music computer), will I be able to burn the files separately onto CD so I cna load them on my music computer? Is each separate file small enough to fit on a CD?

jeffn1

Quote Originally Posted by janila
    I had also trouble copying the files. I blame the recordable DVDs and sticker labels. I finally got everything copied with my second computer but there are still some corrupt patches. I understand that the recordable DVDs are cheap but I really hate all the trouble they cause, I've had the same problems with discs from other developers.
    It looks like we posted at the same time. Thanks for responding.

I will try the same thing on my other computer (see prior post). If that doesn't work, I will probably ask for a replacement DVD.

jeffn1

You have the GigaStudio version? I'm not sure but I doubt it. Can't you check the file size?

I think I can check the file size, even though I can not copy the file onto my computer at this point. I will check. Thanks.

Jeff

Go Back to forum