• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question: Evolution 61 key-more velocity

Share/Bookmark

Question: Evolution 61 key-more velocity

I just exchanged the keystation 61key for the evolution 61 key because it had more controls. However, I'm noticing that I really have to bang on the keys to get the velocity up to 127. If I change to one of the other "hotter velocity curves ...for lack of a better word" I loose the dynamics....
    ie, no soft notes.
    I know I'm not probably speaking midi language here, but does anyone know how I can increase the output of this keyboard? I didn't seem to have this problem with the keystation.

Any help appreciated.

Dylan Schiavone

Re: Question: Evolution 61 key-more velocity

I have a evolution 61 for traveling and you can change the velocity curves via a button combination. Can't remember it, but get your manual you should be able to finetune it.

ante

I found the velocity curves to be pretty awful. On all except one, you had to assault the keyboard to reach 127. It was also giving me double notes. I would play a note at medium velocity, and about half the time it would show up as 2 midi notes of the same pitch in my sequencer.
    I went back to GC and exchaned it for the radium 61....problem solved.

Dylan Schiavone

Keep in mind that 127 is supposed to be all-out slamming, it's as loud as you ocan get. Is the low end similar (play as quietly as possible to get anything below, say, 10?) If so, it's probably a good design, and will just take getting used to-if not, then there is an issue with the keboard. But it also could simply be that it doesn't respond the way you are used to. Many keyboards I have played over the years reach full velocity at about 2/3 of my full strike, and some never reach 127 at all...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

hi Dasher. Well the problem was that I'm using trilogy which accesses certain parameters (gliss) when you strick the key at 126-127.

Dylan

Well, I suppose you could always just edit it in when you need it... Hope the Radium is working out for you.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum