• Register
  • Help

Topic: Crash when rebuilding quicksound database?

Share/Bookmark

Crash when rebuilding quicksound database?

Whenever GIGA rebuilds it\'s database to access new sounds I\'ve added, it shuts down with an error message upon completion.

I\'m running under XP Pro with GIGA 2.5 or 2.53. It happens with both versions.

Any clues?

Re: Crash when rebuilding quicksound database?

Check out what I just went through. The answer may be a bad gig file.

see post below yours

In the case of my crash, it doesn\'t seem to happen until the database rebuild is complete then a message appears saying that giga performed an illegal operation and needs to shut down.......

The bad files clue is a good one though. I did some conversions with Translator and I\'ve had mixed luck with that program so far.

Thanks

ESound,

If you can run Giga Studio after the QS exception:

Take one .gig file and put it in a new directory (with no directories below it - it searches recursively) and select that directory in the QS Advanced window (from the main QS window) in order to narrow the QS search. If you still get the exception, you will know it is not a bad file (unless you just happened to choose the bad one [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] )

Also, maybe the QS database (that it builds for you) is corrupted. From the Advanced page, push the button that tells QS to recreate its database. This would delete the original database file and create a new one. Along these lines, if you can\'t run GS after the QS exception, search for the QS database file on your PC. I suppose it would have \"quick\" in its name and have a recent date - whenever it was last updated. If you find it, rename it then run QS. If even stranger thing happen, name that file back to its original name (oops!).

easiest way I\'ve found is to just rename the whole \'DB\' folder in Program files/Nemesis/Gigastudio to \'DB Old\' - then just re-launch gigastudio, forcing it to completely rebuild the database from scratch. Works every time for me....

Ian

Thanks for the tips. I\'ll try to troubleshoot the dbase using your suggestions and post my results.

Eddie

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help.

Tossing the old Dbase seems to have done the trick.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum