• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Waiting for GPO choir

Share/Bookmark

Waiting for GPO choir

I heard Mozarts Requiem yesterday and was wondering whether I can make GPO sound the way I want to hear the first movement. Ok I wasted one night not working but I'm really asthonished how close I got in very short time. I used only one instance of GPO (the timpany player went to styxx african party and a couple of strings didnt show up). So with a little rearranging this is what I came up with:
    ftp://213.189.138.53/MozartRequiem.mp3
    Guess I will go back to it when Garys Choir library is out....
    rené

Re: Waiting for GPO choir

The choir module isn't going to have all of the words in Latin is it? It may be hard to reproduce the sound of the Requiem without the words!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Thumbs up Re: Waiting for GPO choir

Guess I will go back to it when Garys Choir library is out....
    Mozart’s Requiem - Damn that Mozart What a genius!

Hey rené, awesome man, just purely awesome... I think you've achieved such a nice balance with the instruments one can hardly tell it was rendered with an orchestra library. Sounds perfect to me. Just the right amount of ambience I feel as if I am at Klienhans Music Hall here in Beeffalo. Very nice.
    So nice to hear new renditions of the Master's being posted more lately. The hollywood production music is great, but nowhere near the masters! Thanks for posting.
    PS - GPO chorus! (Amongst others) Man, are you as spoiled as I am with Garritan?
    Styxx

I love Mozart's Requiem (almost as much as Brahms' Ein Deutches Requiem). Nice job! Would like to see it with even more dynamics, wish it had some of that in-your-face brass with tympani at 00:43 - 00:49, right before the choir would appear.

Jim

Here's another that I had to come back an listen to again. ....................Nice. This always had a nice emotion to it and I swear you captured the very essence of it.
    Styxx

Yes Rene.....You just listen to them all, with their opinions, blabbing off about your piece, saying how great it is....yeah just listen to them all because they're absolutely right!!!

Rene, you made a beautiful job of a beautiful piece ....GPO is still marvellous in the right hands.

Very well done indeed.

Frank

I'm assuming this took you some time to hone to this degree.....well, it was worth it!

Very nicely done! I can't wait for the GPO choir myself.

Question Re: Waiting for GPO choir

Just beautiful! I'm new to GPO, may I ask how you input all those notes? What software are you using?
    So many notes, and so little time!

Thank you guys for the positive feedback, but credits go mostly to Mozart, GPO and M.Salvi (keeps me responsible for the flaws...)
    The outstandig thing is that it was done with only 1 Instance of GPO:

1) Full string sus+short mutes
    2) Bassoon 1 Solo
    3) English Horn 1 Solo
    4) Violin 3 Guarni Solo
    5) Cello 2 Solo
    and for the choir:
    6) Organ Flutes
    7) Oboe Classical Solo
    8) Eb Clainet Solo

Very little controller work and all instruments kept in the soft (P) range. Next step would be to add the expressive/dramatic part with a second instance of GPO (and some work on the tempo-map).
    If anybody wants to go on, here is the midi:
    ftp://213.189.138.53/MozartRequiem.mid

Have fun!
    rené

You know, I keep coming back to this for yet another listen. Really very, very nice! And just one instance of GPO...nice choice of patches.

Jim

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast