• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Native American Flute Performance Samples

Share/Bookmark

Native American Flute Performance Samples

I'm need of some samples of Native American flute samples for an experimental piece I'm doing. I'm thinking of getting Didgeridoo and other primitive instruments, but I'm wondering if any of you have other suggestions? Note that I'm not interested in multisamples, just performances.

Thanks!

Re: Native American Flute Performance Samples

I just found Voices of Native America 2, which also sounds very good. Can anyone give me feedback on either?

Guess it's not much help right away, but when RA is released it'll have:
    First Nations Cedar Flute
    FNC Flute KS C0-G#0.nki
    FNC Flute Live.nki
    Elements
    FNC Flute Exp Mldy 1.nki
    FNC Flute Exp Mldy 2.nki
    FNC Flute Flutter.nki
    FNC Flute Leg Non Vib.nki
    FNC Flute Leg Vib Exp.nki
    FNC Flute Non Vib Exp.nki
    FNC Flute Stac.nki
    FNC Flute Vib Exp 1.nki
    FNC Flute Vib Exp 2 RR.nki

Hey Ned, I have a couple of Native American flutes and would love to help you out. Unfortunately, Im writing day and night to stay on schedule with my current project.

I even have a new set of A/D converters arriving next week that Id love to try out. Bummer.

If you can wait until after February Id be happy to help out.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Ned, Voices of Native America 2 is definitely worth checking out. If I remember correctly, it contains some phrases that may be useful to you. The performer/producer is Douglas Spotted Eagle.

If you have any questions Susan and Doug from QUpArts are most helpful.

Depending on your time frame, you may also want to consider just getting yourself a Native American flute. I recommend Amon Olorin flutes.

www.aoflutes.com

You can even pick up one of their pf models, which are very inexpensive and play great!

Though I guess learning a new instrument would be more of a long-term project.

Another thought re Amon Olorin... perhaps via AO you might be able to hook up with someone who might be available to put down some tracks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Do you have any budget at all for this project? If so, I'd really recommend hiring a player. If you're just rolling in canned performances, you're not making anything. If what you're making goes anywhere, it will not be unique.
    Lee, while I appreciate your concern, please note that in my first post I mentioned that this if for an experimental piece. The sampled performances are going to be completely deconstructed using a large variety of the most out-there Reaktor ensembles I've selected weekly for over 2 years from the NI online library. The resulting textures will then be blended with Sculpture, Absynth 3 patches, deconstructed Latin American music, desert ambiences, electronica beats, and clear and abstracted spoken word. IMHO, what I create will retain a uniqueness.

Oh, and I have a budget, but no time.

Scott - Thanks so much for your wonderful offer! I wish I could take you up, but I'm on a very limited time-frame, as I need to gather my material in the next few days, and I think I'll enjoy using the percs and other sounds found in VONA.

Seq - Thank you for your feedback. Given my needs, I think I'll just pick up VONA 1 + 2 audio versions from House of Samples.

Ned, also take a look at Spirit Voices. There are a few different flutes. Ranges are short and not a lot of articulation variations but quite useable.

http://www.mtlc.net/main.php?a=scd&S...&Type=&Format=

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa
    I just found Voices of Native America 2, which also sounds very good. Can anyone give me feedback on either?
    Voices of Native America Vol 1
    http://www.quparts.com/cgi-bin/cp-ap...0&cat=&catstr=
    Has lots and LOTS of flutes. More than Vol 2. They sound great as individual samples, but also have performances and processed flutes too. Some of the flutes contained in Vol1 are:
    White Cedar Flutes
    Redwood Flutes
    Fish Flutes
    Chimueava Flutes
    Cedar Flutes
    Berlin Flutes
    Bamboo Flutes
    These are just the main catagories.
    This is one of the few older libraries that I'm continuously going back to. The samples are all great for tweaking into new custom sounds too. It also contains lots of unique drums and vox. The Apache Violin is a fav of mine for using as a sound effect. Hearing your musical style, I can't see you without it.
    Scott

Thanks for the details, Scott. I really appreciate it! I ended up ordering both volumes earlier this morning.

Go Back to forum