• Register
  • Help

Topic: The California Mudslides

Orcas Island

The California Mudslides

Hope our friends in Southern California are safe and alright.

Nadine Bunn, editor of the Folk Harp Journal, was in her La Conchita home when the hillside above her gave way and engulfed her home. She was rescued. Nadine also owns the Folk Mote Music Store in Santa Barbara (one of my favorite harp stores). Her business partner Cheryl Chako was also in the house. Nadine was taken to Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara, with serious injuries. She has just been taken off the critical list, and her condition has been updated to "Fair". Cheryl suffered trauma to her head, a broken clavicle, and should be released from the hospital in a day or two. Nadine and Cheryl got out of the rubble with nothing left - not even the clothes on their backs (Cut away by doctors). There's no homeowners' insurance for any of the residents of La Conchita, so they got out with their lives, but nothing else.

The Santa Barbara Sheet Music Company in Santa Barbara is accepting donations. The harp community also set up a fund at Washington Mutual Bank for donations. The fund is called "For the Benefit of Nadine Bunn and Cheryl Chako" and donations can be made at any branch

Have any of our members been affected? If so let us know what we can do to help.

Gary Garritan

West Seneca, NY

Re: The California Mudslides

Just can't figure out what's going on here. We're experiencing one of the warmest winters ever and today is no exception with temperatures climbing into the high 60's!
    My prayers go out for those in California. I'll tell you this, seeing all this devastation in the past few weeks has humbled me.

Re: The California Mudslides

Thank you for this report Gary, so sad.

Go Back to forum