• Register
  • Help

Topic: Danny Elfman

Share/Bookmark

Danny Elfman

Has anyone done any Danny Elfman stuff? I would love to hear the opening piece from Nightmare Before Christmas. If no-one does it, this will be my first GPO piece when I get the software. If anyone else is interested in having a stab at it, I think it's called "This is Halloween". Vocals would be a problem of course. But then there is the instrumental piece (maybe the overture) which would sound awesome with GPO.

Hehe, I spend most evenings on here listening to peoples' work. There is some amazing talent out there!

I particularly like NeoTypic's and FireGS's compositions. I also loved the George and the Dragon movements (can't remember who composed them, sorry).

Hope you all enjoyed listening to "Just a Girl" from our musical "Spellbound".

Looking forward to hearing more work on here.

Kin

Re: Danny Elfman

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    . I also loved the George and the Dragon movements (can't remember who composed them, sorry).
    Kin
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them! I've been sidetracked for a little while but hope to start on the fourth and final movement in the next few weeks.

If you do any Danny Elfman music, please post - I really like a lot of his stuff, particularly Nightmare Before Christmas.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    Has anyone done any Danny Elfman stuff? I would love to hear the opening piece from Nightmare Before Christmas. If no-one does it, this will be my first GPO piece when I get the software. If anyone else is interested in having a stab at it, I think it's called "This is Halloween". Vocals would be a problem of course. But then there is the instrumental piece (maybe the overture) which would sound awesome with GPO.

Hehe, I spend most evenings on here listening to peoples' work. There is some amazing talent out there!

Kin

Kin,

Okay, this is your challenge with your new baby. Have you ordered GPO yet? It will change your life. Before you get it spend lots of time with your family as you will probably not see them again for a while. Since I've gotten GPO all I do is compose. Somewhere around her my wife is home...I think...What's her name again?

Good luck and I look forward to hearing your work and Danny Elfman (awesome stuff!)

Tim

When i get good enough with GPO i'm planning to cover some Elfman stuff (being my hero ^_^) but... the reason why he stands out in the crowd is the reason i feel i probably won't quite get "it" right

Hey, I'm glad you like my stuff!

w00t!

~FireGS
    ~Sam Ferrara~

I think Danny Elfman is relatively easy to do with samples, compared to say John Williams... Note when I say relatively easy, im not implying its easy at all. Just that of the filmmusic composers out there Elfman might not be the hardest.

And yeah FireGS... some of the mockups you have done are fantastic, and i'm sure you could pull off an elfman

Go Back to forum