• Register
  • Help

Topic: upgrade to GS3 Orchestra uninstall GS3 Ensemble first?

Share/Bookmark

upgrade to GS3 Orchestra uninstall GS3 Ensemble first?

I installed GS3 Ensemble about a month ago and hopefully will be receiving GS3 Orchestra Friday. I would like to know if I should uninstall the GS3 Ensemble version before I install GS3 Orchestra?

Thanks everyone!

DPDAN

Re: upgrade to GS3 Orchestra uninstall GS3 Ensemble first?

Hi Dan,

Orchestra, though you're upgrading, is it's own program. So I would recommend completely un-installing Ensemble (pursuant to the unintall instructions provided by Tascam) prior to installing Orchestra. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a clean install on a disk unmarred by any previous program residue.

Good luck!

_MK_

I read the manual, and you are indeed correct. I uninstalled GS3E and I also did the clean uninstall thingy and loaded GS3 Orchestra and everything went fine. That was earlier today, I am know going to configure the settings and hopefully it will be as reliable as GS3E was for the short time I had it installed.

Thank you very much McKelly!
    DPDAN

all good!
    DPDAN

Congrats!

Here's a tip for the VGS strings and brass: The attacks on the sustains are very slow, so they don't do melodies all that well. Try stacking the mod-wheel sustains with the stacc 1+2 patches. It makes the programming a bit like GPO. Fast velocities increase the attacks and the mod wheel changes the expression. It's an easy way to compensate for the lack of varied articulations. Very playable too.

Enjoy!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Congrats!

Here's a tip for the VGS strings and brass: The attacks on the sustains are very slow, so they don't do melodies all that well. Try stacking the mod-wheel sustains with the stacc 1+2 patches. It makes the programming a bit like GPO. Fast velocities increase the attacks and the mod wheel changes the expression. It's an easy way to compensate for the lack of varied articulations. Very playable too.

Enjoy!

-JF
    Cool Jon, you are such a great help!
    Have a great day sir !
    DPDAN

Go Back to forum